Chapter 14

Kurapika's p.o.v.

When Kurapika awoke, Leorio was still asleep. He smiled. Leorio had brought him so much comfort, which wasn't something Kurapika had felt since he was living with his clan.

Kurapika shifted his position so he could hear Leorio's heartbeat. He smiled when he listened to their heart beating. Kurapika kissed over their heart and smiled wider. He wanted to stay like this forever.

Kurapika looked at his clock. 4:43 am. Kurapika relaxed a little. Leorio didn't wake up until 6. That's when his alarm went off.

Kurapika's stomach growled. He frowned. He knew if he didn't eat, his stomach would start to hurt. Except, he didn't want to wake Leorio.

He carefully lifted Leorio's arms and set them to the side. Kurapika got up and walked to the kitchen, where he ate some cheddar cheese. He put the cheese back and walked to the bedroom. Thankfully, Leorio was still asleep. Kurapika crawled into bed next to him and waited until Leorio woke up.

Kurapika smiled when Leorio sat up.

"Good morning Leorio," Kurapika said, trying to hide his excitement.

"Huh? G'd mornin' sunshine," Leorio slurred. Kurapika giggled and sat up.

Leorio sat up and sighed. He rested their head on Kurapika's shoulder, his nose hiding where his shoulder and neck met. Kurapika gasped. He didn't know that a small action could turn him on.

"You okay, sunshine?" Leorio asked, not looking up.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Kurapika said, trying to keep his breathing even.

Leorio lifted his head. "Are your eyes always red?"

Shit. Shit.

Kurapika got off Leorio's lap and fled to the bathroom.

Leorio's p.o.v.

Leorio furrowed his eyebrows. Why did Kurapika freak out when they mentioned his eyes being red? Leorio sighed and got out of bed. He decided to make breakfast. Maybe they'd make what Kurapika likes.

They walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door.

"Sunshine, what do you want for breakfast?" He asked. They only got sniffles in response. "Can I come in? Knock once for yes, twice for no."

Knock

"I'm coming in," they said, opening the door. He walked to the tub, where Kurapika was sitting. The man's back was to Leorio. Leorio sat next to Kurapika.

Kurapika leaned on Leorio.

"Hi. Can you talk?" Leorio asked.

Kurapika nodded.

"Okay, do you wanna tell me why you freaked out?"

Kurapika heavily sighed. "My eyes can turn red due to any strong emotion."

"That's cool, but that doesn't fully explain why you freaked out. Can you tell me why?" Leorio asked, hoping he wasn't being pushy.

"I'm... I'm not comfortable talking about that yet."

"Okay. Do you want breakfast?" Leorio asked. Kurapika's stomach growled. "I'll take that as a yes. I was thinking pancakes."

Kurapika nodded and stood up. Leorio stood up as well. They walked to the kitchen with Kurapika following close behind.

Leorio pulled out the ingredients for pancakes. He also pulled out some chocolate chips. He started making pancakes when he heard Kurapika turn on the TV. Leorio continued making the pancakes. He would flip them in the pan and then plate them. Once all the batter was gone, he walked to Kurapika and handed him a plate of three pancakes.

"I can get syrup," Leorio offered.

Kurapika nodded. "Can you get me some butter?"

"Yeah." Leorio walked to the kitchen and grabbed syrup and butter. He brought the stuff to Kurapika and let him spread the butter on his pancakes. Leorio poured syrup on his and started eating.

"Thank you, Leorio."

Leorio jumped at Kurapika speaking. They looked over with confusion.

"For not treating me differently because I'm trans and that my eyes turn red. It... it means a lot."

Leorio smiled. "Yeah, it's not a problem."