022

After nearly a month

After nearly a month... or 2? I am back. I've had time to myself and on Easter break so I should be getting more rest from now on for a while. Happy Easter!

My ears perked up from the doorbell ringing. I looked out of my book and followed behind my mother to see what was happening outside. I clung to her shirt as she opened the door. We were left confused at the woman standing at the front door. "Hello and who might you be?" She asked nervously. "I beg your pardon. I'm a colleague of doctor Forger's. My name is Fiona Frost." She said. "Oh. You work with Loid? I'm sorry. My husband is walking our dog with my other daughter at the moment." Yor smiled. "Your daughter left something behind after visiting the hospital the other day. I wanted to return it." Fiona reached into her bag, giving it to Yor. "Oh. Anya's magnifying glass. Thank you. This is very thoughtful." Yor smiled. After Fiona said nothing Yor awkwardly invited her in. 

I'm not even gonna question it, this world is just weird. The woman was given tea and biscuits while she sat on the sofa. I sat on the other side of the sofa continuing to read my book. They were small talking to each other, boring me in the process. "Your twins, Anya and Evangeline was it? One seems  to be very lively and the other more dainty." She said. What is she even trying to accomplish here honestly? "Yes. Evangeline is more mature than Anya is but they both get along really well. Anya is more playful and out going. Evangeline really plays the roll of the older sister in their relationship. I think it's very cute." Yor smiled gleefully. "That must be difficult. Raising a child like her younger sister and another child can be exhausting." Fiona begun. 
Wait. Now I'm really curious. What are you really trying to do here, Miss Fiona Frost? "Difficult huh? Why would you say that? I love that she's so energetic all the time. Now if she was down in the dump all the time that would be a real challenge, but I have Evangeline here to help me to make sure that doesn't happen. I am lucky that the three of us can have so much fun together." Yor stated with a rush of euphoria.  

"Well actually, them and I seem to be a challenge for Loid considering everything he has to do for work and around the house because of me." She sulked with a smile. 'Exactly. You need to acknowledge your inadequacy. You aren't fit for this mission.' Fiona thought. "Don't be so gloomy mother. I'm sure father understands. I do assist him often to make sure that doesn't happen. After all, we are a picture perfect family are we not?" I smiled trying to cheer her up. I don't really know this woman is but something about her seems rather peculiar. 'This child is too smart. I know that she is catching up on me. Loid was right about her being very observant.
"She's a smart little girl. No wonder Loid has all his hopes in you and not your sister." She said. Excuse me, what? "No no. I know he also believes in my sister as well, Miss Frost." I said twitching in anger and a fake smile. "Oh right, that. Well since you brought it up. I often her the doctor complain. Something about his wife not-" She was cut off by Anya, Loid and Bond coming back home. I sighed as I glared at the woman. "Welcome home father, Anya and Bond." I stood up walking over to them all. 

"Oh. Hi Fiona. What are you doing here?" He asked. "Same question." I folded my hands tapping a finger on my arm. "Hello doctor. Good to see you." She rose. I began to ignore everything as both secretly had a different discussion than what they had led on to be. Anya looked at the lady with a dead panned look. I'm probably going to ask her what's up with her later. Anya looked over at me with a bland look to which I returned. This is one of the few moments me and Anya share that is like "Hey. What is up with this crazy lady? You seeing this shit sister?"  Type of expression. Then it soon clicked. She's trying to make Yor leave our family but it's not going to work. I sat on my father's lap gaining a questioning look from him to which I ignored. My mother brewed us all drinks. I took the cup to hide my pout directed to the white haired woman I glared at and she seemed to notice. 'She really is too smart for her own good. It's like she's lived a life before with the way how she thinks. She might just ruin this all. She's just sitting on top of Twilight's lap asserting her dominance. I won't allow myself to be bested by a child.' Fiona thought.

"Evangeline seems to be a lot clingy. Do you suppose you spoil her too much? You should teach her to sit on her own or she will never learn to operate in the real world." Fiona said. "Hmm? Evangeline isn't normally clingy. She probably just want to be babied since we have a visitor over." Loid glared over to her. Translation: This is not your mission to begin with. Evangeline is apart of this mission as well. She know what to do and how to carry herself. Then Anya accidentally spilled her cocoa on the table. "Oh dear. Here. Let me clean that for you sister. I stood up walking over to her with a cloth I always kept with me. While Yor clean Anya's clothes, I cleaned the table. I looked up at her watching her glare down at me. Intimidating but not as much as an angry Yor so I can take it. 
Suddenly the woman opened her mouth to speak again with a hidden message that Anya caught. She ran over to our mother sending a look to me that I understand. I smiled and nodded. "Ah. I suddenly want to coddle mama." Anya said, cuddling Yor. I turned to them."Hehe. I do get why you would want to Anya. Mother sure is the best, isn't she?" I asked, shifting my head over to the woman.

"H-huh? What brought this on?" Yor embarrassingly asked. "No fair. I want cuddles too." I pouted brushing my face in Yor's thighs with an embarrassed flush. Our actions made Yor swoon at our cuteness and adoration to her. 'I can't beat Evangeline so I'll just have to spoil her and get her on my side. She'll wish I was her mother before her.'  "I know, Anya and Evangeline. Next time, I'll bring you delicious imported cocoa." She said.  Anya hissed at her. I looked at the woman with a cocky smile. "It's alright miss Frost. No one here needs imported cocoa. Our mother can handle a simple job like that and she is excellent at it. So thanks, but no thanks." I smiled.
"I'm sorry about Anya. Perhaps she is nervous because you've only just met." Yor reasoned, rubbing Anya's hair.

"Anya and Evangeline, go play with Bond." Loid said. "Father, I'd rather not be rough housing at the moment. Now cuddle me." I said opening my arms to him. He rolled his eyes and hoisted me in his hands watching Anya go with Bond. Yor promised Loid to do better after seeing Anya cuddle the dog while saying nice things about us all. Watching the two lovingly talk to one another I peered over to see the lady deep in mind dialogue. "Oh. I just realized I forgot those potatoes I meant to get. I should probably take my leave." Fiona said. "Huh? Maybe you should wait for the rain to die down." Yor replied. "Please excuse me." Fiona replied to her back. "She left." Anya said. "I hope I never see that dumb bitch again." I muttered softly for only me to hear. Loid set me down, grabbing his coat and and umbrella saying he would take it to her at the station.
"She was weird." I told my mother. "Now, Evangeline you know better than to say those kinds things about people." He mother calmly scolded. "You really are too sweet for your own good." I said, smiling to her.

___________________________________

Is it just me or is the outro for part 2 really catchy?