Chapter 1

Under the bright scorching sun, hundreds of people were surrounding the plaza. All of them had the same thoughts and words.

"Kill her!"

"She harmed our lovely princess"

"Hang her!"

In that sunny afternoon, nothing was heard except for the rowdy noises of the citizens wanting the criminal to be killed or hanged. Many said curses and throwed rocks towards the criminal.

The criminal could only groan in pain. Her blond hair no longer emit the bright gold luster it had, her dress was dirty and tattered because of the prolonged stay at the underground cell. Her hands were tied with chains and so as well her feet.

She staggered as she walked towards the scaffold of execution. Guards guarding every corner so as to prevent her escape.

Suddenly a huge piece of rock was thrown at her, she stopped her pace as she touched her head with confusion, blood was seeping through it. She quivered as she winced in pain even more because the people were shouting like crazy.

They laughed as they said how it suited her so, or that's how she should be. They said that she was a person that shouldn't have been born.

Her mind wandered a lot of thoughts as she wanted to cover her ears and run away somewhere quiet.

But was made impossible, because guards and people were around her. A guard then shoved her forward and angrily said.

"Stop loitering around and get going, criminal!"

The words echoed through her mind as she thought 'A criminal? Hah! What did I ever do? All I ever did was take care of her, nothing else ---- even when Father only cared for her. Sure, I was envious of her but not to the point where I want her dead.'

Finally she arrived at the stairs of the gallows, a person wearing a knights uniform then appeared after awhile, who then issued an order to the guards surrounding her.

"Take her up" his voice was filled with no pity, guilt or anything, rather he was full of disgust.

The guards immediately saluted to the knight and did the order while grabbing the criminals hand aggressively.

He then said in an annoyed manner, "Get up already! "

The already half dead state of the criminal struggled as she made her way up to the scaffold holding the pain inside

_________________________________________

On the other side of the plaza, there the emperor stays, overseeing all actions while sitting in his glamorous throne. He had short golden hair, blue jeweled eyes, tall and has a well build figure. He is Claude de Alger Obelia the current emperor of the Obelia Empire, as well as the father of the said criminal.

As he saw the criminal on place he asked his right hand man "Are all the preparations ready?"

"Yes, your majesty." the man bowed at the said man

Claude nodded his head in affirmation then he asked while tapping his fingers on the edge of his throne"Is Felix here yet?"

The man answered in a very polite manner complementing his status as a noble "Unfortunately. Sir Robane hasn't arrived yet."

Claude clicked his tongue as he cursed "Damned Felix, I really am gonna kill him later. He dared to defy my commands."

The emperor exuded an aura that sent shivers to his servants, his eyes looked like he could kill a person at the moment. But later on regained his rationality as he issued an order.

"Sigh.... start the execution"

The man instantly responded to the words that the emperor said "Yes, your majesty"

_____________________

On the platform, there the proclaimed criminal stands, awaiting for her death to come. A scroll was handed down to a servant which contained the emperor's verdict and opened it.

He first coughed to gain the attention of everybody and proceeded to read the scroll "In committing treason and the act of attempt murder on her highness Jeanette. By the orders of his majesty the emperor, Athanasia de Alger Obelia is hereby stripped off her position and is sentenced to death. Her execution will be done by hanging"

The sentence of death was not to be surprised of, harming royalty was already considered treason, what more when harming the precious daughter of the emperor. Athanasia who was accused of the said crime, could only pity herself.

"For me to just die like this, I really am pathetic" she mumbled to herself.

While the execution was being carried out. Athanasia being it her last time looked up the sunny sky that seemed to be full of warmth and  reminisced about her past---- where all her life despite devoting herself in serving the empire, what she received in return was just the contempt of her so-called father.

And so, for the first time in her life, she regretted that she ever loved her father for her to only die in his hands. Athanasia's face weared a face full of regret and sorrow that she wanted to cry in that instant, but didn't do so. Because she doesn't want to be even more pathetic as she already was.

Before the platform split, she gathered every ounce of her strength and shouted. Her blue jeweled eyes stared right at the man who was called his father and fiercly said.

"I have never tried to kill anyone, you bastards!!!!!!" After she shouted with all her might, her body lost energy for awhile that made her stagger.

Everyone laughed at her pathetic performance that even the executioners couldn't help but laugh.

' Yeah, just laugh. I don't care anymore, as long as my pent up emotions was released ---- I really don't care anymore '

"Hahaha! Are those your last words, how typical " he sneered, the executioner then pulled the lever causing the mechanism of the platform to split, and as a result in the hanging of the princess.

'At least I don't feel as pathetic' she said to herself before she drawed her last breath.

The emperor was stunned and astonished at the same time by the action that she did. "Did she just glare at me?"

Having no one to answer him, he recalled the words that she said "Bastard she said. If she just shut herself up in her palace, none of this would have happened. Ungrateful child" He said, while still wearing the same cold expression.

Suddenly, a servant came to inform his majesty that her highness Jeannete has woken up and is making a fuss, demanding him to come immediately.

"Your majesty, what will you do" stating if he wants to go back or not.

"Ugh... my headache" furrowing his eyebrows while massaging his temple.

The servant was worried of the health of the emperor and suggested.               "Your majesty, are you not feeling well? If not I will call for a doctor"

Claude raised his hand gesturing his declination "No need, ready my carriage, we're going back to the imperial palace"

__________________________

On the other side of the plaza

A man wearing a robe with many embroidered designs saw the dying scene of the criminal. He then sneered as he said "Ugh... I knew it. Royals are the worst, they'll even kill their own children ------ human trash"

I'm sorry if it sounded cringe or anything. This is my very first time writing and english is not my first language.