Chapter 5

Athanasia tilted her head with a dumbfounded ...what are you trying to say?"

Lucas leaned his face towards her and took a strand of her hair and fiddled with it, while saying, "Just like what I said ----- do you want to live?"

She was baffled by his claim as she asked him with great concern "Are you saying you'll revive someone who is long gone dead?"

He then continued to fiddle with her hair as he said nonchalantly, "Yeah, though I have never done it before"

He then continued his words, "I think it will work though. I mean, your consciousness is still intact, so I just need a body where you could use it as your own"

Athanasia slapped his hand away as she said annoyingly "Okay... okay. But you still haven't done it before, didn't you. So what makes you think that it will work."

Lucas pretended to think, as he revealed a sly smile and proudly said. "Hmmm...., maybe because it's me"

She sneered at him "You narcissistic devil"

He then bowed as he said, "Thank you for your kind words."

"It wasn't a compliment."

Lucas stood up as he said to the princess "But it depends to the one who received it. And I think that it was a compliment"

She then indifferently said "Masochist"

Lucas was about to thank her when he realized "Thank..., what?! I'm not a masochist, I'm more in the sadistic side. What makes you think that I'm a masochist?"

Athanasia then placed her index finger in her chin as she pretended to think "Uhh... well, maybe because I think you are"

The surrounding then turned silent, only the howling of the wind and the chirping of the birds was heard.

Moments passed and the silence was finally broken.

Lucas inhaled as he then laughed. Tears were seen at the ends of his eyes, his laugh echoed right through Athanasia's ears as she was puzzled by his behavior.

Finally, Lucas stopped his laugh and wiped his tears as he amusingly said, "It really has been a while since I've been able to converse with someone like you."

"O..okay" Athanasia unwillingly said.

Lucas sighed as he yet again suggested to her. "Seriously, don't you want to live? This time, you'll be able to live for yourself. You could explore and enjoy the world."

' Live for myself? Exploring the world.' Athanasia imagined with great happiness to what her life would be if she accepted this devils suggestion.

Finally, Athanasia said to him. "What's in it for you?"

Lucas then smirked as he explained "Research, of course."

"Research?"

Lucas then answered her question " A magician's life is all about research, it is what we live for. Breaking limits, that no one ever thought would be possible and etc."

Athanasia then looked at him with conern "Your dreams are all great and all. But does this mean, I'm just some research specimen?"

He then indifferently said "Well ,yeah"

An irk appeared on Athanasia, while she held her anger inside ' I actually want to beat you up real good, right now '

Finally she sighed and said "Sigh.... I'll need  sometime to think about it"

"Well, that's fine" He then summoned a necklace and throwed it to her " It's made from my mana so you can touch it."

Athanasia caught the necklace and asked "What is this?"