Chapter 16

Athanasia walked in the hallway munching a piece of macaron while lampooning inwards
'Why does Jeannete have to dissapear' she cried internally 'My life was just doing well recently. Just why?'

Upon the train of her thoughts she stopped while she realized something important. If Anastacius whose Jeannete's father, who was still known by his tyranny, is to learn of the matter, he would certainly search every crook and crany of the empire, and kill everyone on his way!

'No!!!' Athanasia cried frantically when she knew this would cause a great impact on her new life.

An imaginary tear flowed out of Athanasia's eyes as she pursed her lips in hope to find a solution.

After a minute of deep thinking, she sighed in grievance

"Sigh... I guess I'll need to do it myself"

"Do you need any help?" A man with blond hair, crystal blue eyes and a warm demeanor suddenly popped out and asked

Athanasia flustered by the sudden appearance stuttered her words while trying to get out of trouble

"It's.. It's nothing really, there's no need for you to be bothered" she shook her head frantically

"Is that so"

Athanasia instantly nodded her head in reassurance.

Upon understanding her action, Anastacius turned his back and walked away but suddenly stopped to suggest "Then may I get you something on the way out, I'm going to visit the nearby town to buy some materials"

"No!" Athanasia shouted

Anastacius tilted his head upon missing her intentions. "No?"

'If you go to town now, you would certainly hear the disappearance of Jeannete'

Not knowing what to do, Athanasia came up with a sudden solution "Uncle, I actually remembered something, I need you to do something for me"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Could you rewrite the formulas I've made, though it would take like... 2 days to finish it. Could you do it?" she clasped her hands and pleaded to Anastacius

"If it's really that important, then I'll gladly do so" he smiled as bright as the sun.

'Hard to believe that this was once the tyrant emperor of the empire Obelia. Then again, he is the father of the cheerful Jeannete. No wonder, he smiles like a ray of sunshine.'

'Unlike someones biological father'

"Thank you very much!" she happily bowed at him and teleported out the tower

Anastacius was left standing in the hallway and sighed as he did what was asked of him.

When he was just about to go inside a room, a figure suddenly teleported in front of him

As Anastacius recognized the person in front of him, he instantly gone to a curtsied form

"Great sorcerer Lucas, may I ask what you need of me?" he asked the raven haired man in front of him

Lucas gestured the man to get up and asked "I felt Sia's mana hovering in this spot"

"And yet,she's not here"

"Do you know where she have gone?"

"Unfortunately, I don't know. But she did mention that she needed to do something herself. She must be doing some kind of experiment again"

The man in front of him hissed, making him worry "Is my niece caught up to something bad?"

Lucas sighed as he explained "Sia, never does any kind of experiment without me knowing, in addition she wasn't being herself earlier. So, maybe she is caught up to something bad"

Anastacius wore a worried look, but was reassured by the great sorcerer in front of him.

"Well, whatever she encounters I'll just exterminate all of them"

Anastacius sighed in relief, because he knows that the great sorcerer in front of him, who could burn a whole empire by himself, has a sort of soft spot for his niece. So he believed if his niece is to be in any harm he could protect her just fine.

Lucas then teleported away, leaving no trace behind. Now that no one is in his way to go to the room, someone yet again appeared before him.

This time it wasn't the raven haired man, but it was a woman in her 18's with long blond curly hair, and an eye similar to his. It was Athanasia!

Anastacius surprised by the sudden appearance yet again, quickly calmed himself and asked the young lady in front of him.

"Niece, what are you planning to do?" he asked in a menacing tone

Athanasia which just came back was sweatting in fear 'What do you mean by planning, did you find out?! Was my acting really that bad, that you were able to see through it immediately! '

Athanasia forced a smile because of the excuse she comed up with and said in a self deprecating manner "Uncle, remember I'm telling you this because I trust you."

Anastacius who wasn't able to hide his fear, gulped.

Athanasia inhaled as she spoke "I'm throwing a surprise for Lucas, soooo please don't tell him" she clasped her hands pleading to him

Anastacius who was relieved that it wasn't actually something dangerous couldn't help but ask "What's the surprise about?"

Athanasia quickly responded "No! that is something I can't tell you. As I said earlier its a surprise, no one should be able to know about it"

Anastacius who was okay with the relationship the two have, didn't dig deep into the matter and just proceeded to keep it a secret and gone back to work.

............
Athanasia who was now free of suspicion, teleported back to the town she was at earlier, with her disguise as Valentine wearing a robe.

Right after she teleported, she could already hear the busy knights who were looking for the lost princess.

Athanasia knowing the temperant of the emperor, immediately formed an anti-magic sensor, so to not let the coming magicians to notice her, as well as for Lucas to not notice her.

The anti-magic sensor was invented by Lucas himself, so she was confident that she wouldn't be found by the magicians or the emperor himself.

'I'm not really worried that I wouldn't be able to find Jeannette, but what's worrying me is ----- the surprise to Lucas that I was talking about earlier!'

Athanasia who was walking around the alleys, thinked deeply about what she should do afterwards, when suddenly her thoughts came to a halt when she  saw a familiar figure nearby.

The woman was wearing a classic robe, with a conspicuous looking wallet. She had long brunnete hair, emerald eyes and a stature and manner of a noble.

Athanasia quickly realized that it was Jeannette wearing an emerald eye as a cover.

But at the same time Athanasia found her, a group of bandits circled around her and gripped her hands that were fragile as glass.

The woman tried to fight back but wasn't able to let go of their grip, and eventually lost her strength and fainted.