Chapter 2

Though a criminal she may be, she was still of royal blood. Thus, her funeral was also held in a royal manner at the Westminster Abbey.

The deceased princess no longer wore a tattered and dirty dress, she wore a beautiful white dress very deserving of her status as a royal. Her hair and face also wore a beauty that no one can imagine.

Although not a lot attended, the people who were close to the said princess came and mourned her death. Especially Lily, the head maid who raised and cared for the princess, who was spared from execution because of the plead of her princess.

Lily bawled her eyes out till they got swollen, causing her to eventually fall asleep beside her coffin. Unbeknownst to them, someone not seen nor can be heard, watched them as they mourned for the deceased.

The said individual crouched on her knees with a remorseful look on her face and caressed the cheek of the sleeping individual.

It mumbles and said "Lily, you should not sleep here or else you'll catch a cold."

 Silence enveloped the whole church till the said individual broke it.

"You shouldn't get sick, that's what you always tell me. Giggle... yet here you are, doing the exact opposite of what you told me."

The individual then proceeded to kiss her forehead and wished "Please live happily for me"

A little while after, Lily woke up to find herself lying in her bed. Lily wondering how she got there, sat up to arrange her thoughts, when she saw a familiar figure.

Lily was puzzled and anxious 'Why is he here?'

"Ah! You're awake." Said by a man with crimson red hair that compliments his gray eyes. He was one that holds great power over the knights, the 'Crimson Blood' Felix Robane.

Lily hurriedly curtsied unto the said knight.

"I greet the...." Before she even finished her greeting, she was cut off by the knight.

Felix waved his hands in declination "Please, there's no need. I'm the one who barged in anyway. "

"I see" Lily then stood up and asked a question to the man "Then, may I ask a question."

"Of course" he quickly replied

"Were you the one who brought me here?"

His eyes turned sad while he answered her question.

"Yes, I did. I knew that if you get sick, the princess would be sad. So I ..." he stopped his words to see that the woman was crying.

Tears flooded out the eyes of Lily making the knight surprised "Hic, hic.... Princess."

The knight rushed to her side to comfort her. He handed her a handkerchief to wipe her tears with and stayed by her side till she calmed down.

A little while after Lily calmed herself up and thanked the knight

"Thank you, Sir Felix. But shouldn't you be with his majesty the emperor?"

Felix gave an amiable smile and declared "I resigned."

Lily couldn't speak for a moment, for she was dumbfounded by his answer. "What did you just say?"

Felix then proudly said while holding his fist on his chest. "I am no longer his majesty's personal guard"

Though she was pyzzled and surprised at this declaration a question then popped out Lily's mind. "Did his majesty, consented to this?"

Felix chuckled to himself while giving his reply.  "Unfortunately, not yet"

Lily yet again, dumbfounded by the knight's response, was worried about the consequences of his actions.

Felix then sighed in grievance "But I really am gonna resign"

Felix chuckled to himself while he gave a deprecating smile "I mean, I can't serve an emperor who killed his own daughter right? I thought that he would change over time ---- but that was my mistake, it just got worse when Lady Margarita arrived."

Felix then cursed inwards because of his helplessness. "If I just...."

Lily knew how the knight was feeling so before he could finish his words, Lily cutted him off. "It's not your fault"

"What?" the confused retort of the knight

Lily's eyes then shone making the knight mesmerized by the sight. Lily then grabbed his hands as she said to him gently, "It's not your fault. Please, stop blaming yourself. Because if you do, the princess will certainly be sad."

The knight's eyes puffed as he tried to hold his tears. Lily then proceeded  to speak "You know, the princess respected you greatly, she said you were kind and justful, and that she would want to be someone like you. So she would probably not want to see you like this" she smiled as trickle of tears poured out from her eyes.

Felix then extinguished the gloomy atmosphere as he laughed gently. "You were supposed to comfort me, but it ended up by you crying"

Lily's cheeks puffed up as she thought that this knight was no good at all. But just after that, Felix wiped her tears with his fingers and said to her with a smile. "Yeah, you're right. The princess would most likely not want that"

Lily flushed up and hid her face from the knight as she embarrassingly said. "Yes, so you should not blame yourself"

Felix only smiled to her actions and then asked. "What are you gonna do now?"

Lily composed herself with a cough and said. "I'm moving to the countryside. There I will build a dessert shop with the name of her favorite tea and make it the very best. As to not embarass myself when I meet her again."

Felix was moved and astounded with the lady's dream for her princess. Making him smile as he said to her in a joking manner.

"Well, then I guess I need to make a reservation. Can I Lady York?"

The lady chuckled by his humor as she responded. "Of course, Sir Felix. But please just call me Lily"

The knight nodded "Well then, Lily I wish you the best"

Lily then responded with great humor.  "Yeah, you too. Hope that his majesty won't have you executed"

Felix then sighed in exhaustion as Lily laughed at his action.

An invisible individual laughed as she smiled to the two. She then muttered
"Hope that the both of you will live a long and happy lives"

She then left the two who was laughing at each other.