Chapter 23

Golden hair glowing in the dark night, with fingers fiddling against it's golden strands. The night sky was filled with countless shining stars with the moon almost on it's peak, giving a faint light to it's surroundings.

Indeed, it was the perfect night.

The perfect night to wake up from one's slumber.

There inside the top most floor of the tower where a skylight was placed right at the center of the ceiling, there a woman with ethereal beauty laid, sleeping on a bed with no care in the world.

While a raven-haired man sat beside her bed, fiddling with her golden locks, as he then laid his head down on her bed. His hand still against her hair.

His red ruby eyes travelled from her glowing hair to her sleeping face. Thinking that this person face was a real beauty, a beauty you can only encounter once every century.

Lucas flinched as he unconsciously moved his hands to her plump cheeks in hopes of pinching them. But since, the woman might find it uncomfortable, he opted to just cup her cheek.

Upon cupping her cheeks for a few more seconds, he retrieved his hand as he looked up the skylight, in which the moon bloomed with radiance at the very center of it, implying that midnight has come.

Looking down at the blonde, he thought to himself with a smirk plastered on his face ' Sleeping beauty must now awaken from her deep slumber~ '

He softly brushed her bangs out of her face, revealing her very soft and delicate face.

"As my memory indicates, I only need to recite the incantation with the right amount of mana. But I need to be careful as with the wrong amount it can damage the persons mentality and such. But who am I to worry about such things, I am the great black sorcerer that has lived many decades of research, revived a dead person from her coffin and even once destroyed a whole kingdom. This much shouldn't be too troublesome"

Another smirk was then seen on his face as he thought something mischievous ' But who said, I can't add something to it's process '

He then leaned down, placing his left hand on the back of her neck, his right hand circling around the blonde's slim waist.

He looked at the woman on his arms, sleeping soundly.

He then chuckled before saying "I wonder, what punishment will I give you after you wake up?"

"I can't wait"

He leaned down stopping when he was near Athanasia's forehead, as he then mumbled an incantation.

"Within your dreams, the spell that runs amok. With thy power I give you thee, strength and escape the void that fills thy head. The beauty who has been cursed with deep slumber, shall now be awoken"

Before the blonde was able to wake up, he placed his lips above her forehead and gave her a kiss so gentle, a very different attitude to his thoughts.

Lucas retrieved his lips, with a smile on his face.

"Good evening, Sia. Have you had a good sleep~"

Though, Athanasia wasn't able to see the scene with her eyes still hazy and blurry. She knew, she knew that the devil before her kissed her on the forehead.

Her face red as a tomato as she looked at the man, nodding her head while hiding her face between her hands.

Lucas smiled at satisfaction, seeing that his scheme worked.

And Lucas being Lucas, he used this opportunity to tease the woman. "Ehh~ Did Sia, think that, that kiss on the forehead was ...

Before he was even able to finish his sentence, he was sent to a surprise as a pair of lips touched his cheek.