Chapter 21

Not long after, evening came. The evening sun casted long shadows on the ground, as two individuals under a tree looked at the sky ablazed by the setting sun.

"It's time to go back. Let's go, Lucas" the statement of the blond woman turning away from the man named Lucas.  

Upon no response, Athanasia looked over the man to only see him in a daze. She then asked him in a perplexed manner with her head tilted a bit "Lucas? Hey, Lucas, are you listening?"

Athanasia annoyed at his behavior, walked towards him, crouched down and snatched his ear.

"Oww..!" the surprised response of the ruby-eyed man.

"You listening now?" 

The assaulted man sat up and looked at the perpetrator with a look of spite on his face as he gently carresed his victimized ear "What is it?" 

A low howling sound of the wind passed by the both of them, sending shivers to Athanasia's skin. She placed both of her hands on her arms as she declared to him "The sun is setting, it's getting cold outside, let's go back inside"

After her statement a sound of a snap was heard, Athanasia's face was covered with a coat, making it hard for her to breath. She quickly lifted the coat out of her face as she looked at the man in front of her with displeasure.

Lucas ignored her displeasure as he said in a low voice "Earlier..."

Suddenly, the tree the both of them used was struck by a lightning, making the man surprised and scared at the same time. For the lightning was not done by nature but was made by the woman in front of her, whose face is beginning to get red of anger and embarassment, as well as an aura with full of killing intent. She summoned multiple magic circles and surrounded Lucas with it, ready to be activated in any time  "I told you to forget it or else I'll kill you!"

Lucas knew that he could easily dispell her attacks but he was simply too dumbfounded as he began recalled the incident earlier, his ear quickly reddened up as he frantically said to her "Sia, It's not about that!"

"Then what is it about!? Great Lucas-sama" Athanasia said in a very menacing tone.

Lucas then had a sudden thought as he watched the blondy with eyes of a beast ' Whose the devil now!? '

He slowly coughed out as he made her calm down. "What I meant is that, earlier today when I was at the residence of the Agriche. I told you that the woman was practicing dark magic right?"

The blond woman nodded as she started to calm down, the magic circles surrounding Lucas vanished one by one until only one was left on top of Lucas's position "I'm keeping that one for precaution"

Lucas was greatly offended, that it made him make a precautionary magic circle for himself "If so, I'm having one too!"

The woman looked at the magic circle underneath her as she nodded. Upon having her permission, Lucas summoned a little space to where the both of them could sit and talk while the night was approaching.

Lucas sighed as he crossed his legs and gently placed his hands on top of his knees "I think a war is starting soon"

The woman's eye widened as she strived for confirmation "Is it between Obelia and Ostania?"

The man before her simply nodded. Athanasia looked down as she arranged her thoughts ' I already knew that it would happen, but it still leaves me afraid '

Lucas continued to explain "Through the witch, the emperor was bewitched into waging a war. Well, of course there would be those who refused about the idea, and one of those is the duchy of Agriche"