15 - Juliette

Enjoy my loves!

When I arrived at the restaurant, it was everything I expected. Dimly lit lights, most tables not meant to have over two people, candles and a small vase at every table. The place screamed date night. It was one of the hottest and newest places in the Richmond area.

I gave my name to the hostess, she almost immediately brought me to a table towards the most lively area in the restaurant. Walking through, I was encompassed in dark undertones and brown and black leather. It was very regal and I felt slightly out of place.

I've been to a few restaurant like this, but every time I've felt out of my comfort zone. Excusing the nerves racking through my body, I sat was shown the table—along with a relatively handsome man.

He stood up, putting out his hand for me to shake, which I appreciated over standing awkwardly until we mutually agreed to sit down. "Nice to finally meet you," the guy said.

"You too. . ." I finally realized I didn't get his name from Annabel. My hand was still placed in his, just holding it awkwardly. So much for not starting off the date weird.

"Xander," the man replies after an unwieldy few seconds of eye contact before he gave me his name. He pulled my chair out for me while giving me his name.

"Nice to finally meet you too, Xander," I respond, while he takes his corresponding seat. "I'm Juliette." I didn't know if Annabel gave him my name, my I wanted to reaffirm it just to be sure.

"Like Romeo and Juliet?" He chuckles. I cringed slightly, but realized Theo had told me the same joke the first day I met him. But when he said it, I found it cute and didn't cringe like I am with this guy.

I laugh awkwardly too. "Yes, but my name is spelled differently." I finally take the time to study his face. Xander seems to have a few years on him, compared to me. Maybe 28 or 27, which I'm not going to throw a fit about a 4-5 year age gap—when I almost 24.

He has dirty blonde hair, a good amount of stubble that matches the dark undertones of his hair, and deep ocean blue eyes that make the Pacific jealous. His hair was pushed to the side, while the edges had a clean fade. Xander wore a casual suit, dark black jacket and emerald green button up. Along with matching black slacks. He looked nice, I especially liked the way his shirt sleeves were lifted slightly, while his arms showed off the muscles.

Anna told me he was one of their best meteorologist at the network, and I wasn't surprised he showed off the wealth of his job. But something about him didn't immediately set attraction to me like I'd hope.

He began the conversation while I was taking a sip of my water, suddenly parched. "So Annabel tells me you are a figure skater?" He says.

"Yes I am," I dryly reply, placing my glass on the table. Before he could add on, a waiter brought over a bottle of white wine.

"I ordered my personal favorite, if you don't mind," he adds, pouring two glasses. I could tell the wine was very expensive, so I didn't say anything about my preference for red over white.

He continued a smooth conversation, mainly bringing up him and work—throwing in a couple of questions about me into the mix. "Annabel didn't tell me much about you, mind filling me into the amazing life of the gorgeous Juliette?"

He was making an effort, so I tried to do the same. "Well I've been an ice skater my whole life, went to the Olympics when I was 15—winning one silver and two bronze. I grew a few hours from the Richmond area. Graduated college about two years ago, and have an almost four year old daughter."

His eyes immediately shot up when I brought up Ophelia. "A daughter?" he asked. I nodded, which made him take a big gulp of his drink. "I thought you were 23? That meant you had her at 19."

"Wow, so you also know math too," I laugh, but he doesn't do the same. I catch on slightly to the way he is looking at me, and this could only go one of two ways. He goes to the bathroom for an expediently long time, or he has some weird fetish for single moms—which have both happened before.

Xander eyes me for a minute before shrugging. "That's nice," he says into his glass. "Where is her father, if you don't mind me asking?"

"He left after she was born," I explain trying to sound as nonchalant as possible. I didn't want Isaiahs absence to ruin this date because, personally, I don't really care. "Anyways," I add on, taking a sip of the disgusting wine.

The conversation carry's on from there, very dull and boring. Honestly, I wasn't feeling a connection with him whatsoever—but I was just looking for a good lay so I didn't care about his college frat days or how he hopes to be chief meteorologist.

Once dinner came, we ate and continued the mindless conversation. He paid, obviously I offered first just to be kind, before he asked I pulled my usual line; "Would you like to go to my place for drinks?"

We were half a bottle through this wine, but we weren't going to just drink my cheap liquor and chit chat. Xander knew exactly what I meant, and he immediately nodded like a child being asked if he wanted ice cream.

I took a taxi to the place, so he offered to drive me back. This wasn't my usual plan, but Anna knew him and she doesn't usually set me up with serial killer. Once we arrived, I checked Theo's house to see if his car was there—double checking to make sure him and Ophelia weren't nearby.

It isn't necessary for my daughter to meet every guy I bring home, so I always do these dates when she isn't home. I guess Theo probably took her to a diner or get ice cream after the movie. When I let Xander in the house, he immediately looked around. His eyes wandered to the drawings on the fridge and half drawn pictures on the coffee table in the living room.

He looked through the bright colors of yellow and baby blue. I went over to my liquor cabinet—having to practically climb to the top shelf to grab my wine bottle. "I hope reds ok?" I knew he liked white, but it's all I had.

And if I had to drink that disgusting flavorless shit, I'd throw up. "As long as your drinking next to me," he smirked, probably trying to be all sexy and stuff but I wasn't feeling it. He licked his bottom lip, which involuntarily brought my eyes to it, which caused an even bigger smirk.

I sat next to him, and asked if he wanted to watch a movie. He agreed, so I put on the last movie I was watching—Brave. "Sorry. My daughter was watching this with me," I laugh, changing the channel. That's a lie, Theo and I were watching Brave last night when Ophelia went to sleep.

My mind went back to the memory, me cuddled up next to him, slowly falling asleep while he told me how much he'd like to turn his mom into a bear. We do that almost every night—and some nights it ends up in both of us crying like a baby to sad kids movies.

I turned it to a very mellow and casual movie to play in the background, while he began to roam his hands up and down my legs.

I felt his fingers go up my dress, and he turned to me, kissing me—very awkwardly might I add. But I wanted destress, and was a down another half bottle of wine, so why not.

He kept asking if everything was ok, and then we took it to my bedroom—and not gonna lie, I've had worse sex before. This was mediocre at best, but it did the job. He was an alright kisser, and he knew what he was doing so that was good.

Once we finished, he buttoned up his pants, and I walked him out in my robe. Checking the time, it was  past midnight by now, once he left, I checked my window, seeing Theo's truck pulled into the driveway.

I checked my phone, and saw Theo texted me. I took Ophelia to my house to have a sleepover if that's alright.

I sent a quick text back, saying it was ok, before knocking out in my bed.

Y'all, the new love and support is absolutely crazy!!!
Also, this chapter update is definitely not from the hospital. I was bored and they are taking forever so decided to update 🤷‍♀️.
Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!!!!
Love you all <333
And next chapter is about to be juicyyyyyyy