32 - Theo

One hand was placed on her thigh, while the other held the steering wheel.

I loved the quietness of the car. It wasn't awkward or tense, but it just felt good to have a little bit of quiet after we both had long, hectic days. We fell into this perfect rhythm of knowing when and when not to talk.

Juliette rested her head on the back of the headrest with her eyes closed. I let my hand rest on her thigh, mentally thanking Monique for telling Juliette to wear this dress. I don't think I've seen someone as beautiful as the world.

"How was work?" She asks me, breaking the silence.

"I think I did three tattoos today, and a did a clean-up on another client who didn't finish their tattoo last week," I explain. The first time Juliette asked me this question I said 'good' but she said 'No, I want to hear details' so ever since I've only given her details of my boring days.

"Sounds fun," she says.

"What about you, princess? Any hockey guys I need to beat up?" I joke. The ice rink got pushed together and now the hockey guys who practice there also practice with Juliette, only for a few days, she says. On the first day, one of the guys flirted with Juliette, but then she ended up laughing and rejecting him. She isn't even my girl, yet offically, and she is already rejecting guys. 

"No, no hockey guys," she laughs. "I did a lot of practicing that's all. Worked on my form with Elliot, and I think I got the whole routine down perfectly so now it's time to master it even more." I loved listening to her days. They were so interesting. It's not every day you just listen to someone talk about the Olympics like it's nothing.

"That's nice, love. Did you like the lunch I packed you? I didn't know if you had a long lunch break today." I've been packing her lunch every day because I don't want her to worry about food, because sometimes making a simple meal is stressful when you have so many other things to do.

"I did, thank you. I liked the grapes that were cut up into cute shapes," she giggled, showing me the photo she took next to the grapes, causing me to laugh.

I grabbed the phone and sent it to myself. "I'm framing that," I say through laughs.

"Title it: 'Juliette's first grape,'" she jokes.

"Sweetheart, I've seen how much wine you drink. We are way past 'first.'" I'll make as many jokes as possible, become a fucking comedian if I have to, because the smile she gives me were the most magical experience ever. It was a drug, some form of ecstasy, that she has been pumping into my vein like an addict.

"How was your day with Ophelia?" She responds. I keep my attention on the road, but a mundane road isn't the same as the intoxication of my lovesick brain when this girl is near me.

I shrug. "Same old. She bossed a few people around, I tattooed a naked girl on a guy's forearm, made someone cry, and then we got ice cream afterward."

"You tattooed a naked lady?" She questions with a quirked brow and twisted look.

I laugh. "I've tattooed weirder things, on weirder places."

"Like what?" She challenges.

"I've tattooed a girl's name onto the top of a guy's dick," I reply with a blank look. "I asked why he did it, and he told me he wanted to prove that his dick was only hers. I thought the guy was crazy, but I also thought I knew what love was. It's tattooing someone's name on your dick."

She broke out laughing at how philosophic I was getting about a tattooed penis. "Please tell me you won't get my name tattooed on your dick." Juliette laughed so hard, she had a tear going down her freckles face.