30 - Theo

"Hey man," my oldest friend said.

Each one I've known throughout a different period in my life. Similar to Juliette and her friends, I met most of them in college. My oldest one, Johnathan, was my best friend from the military base we both grew up in.

We both ended up in the same college, but I moved to Virginia while his ass stayed in Pennsylvania. Johnathan knew Serenity, and he was the one who comforted me through her death and sickness. We both grew up with her, so we shared that trauma, except I fell in love with the girl and he watched and warned me.

While in college, in my art history class, I met some dumbass named Dawson. Dawson was the biggest idiot you could meet, but he had a heart of gold. He ended up rooming with me and Johnathan during our sophomore year.

"Helloooo pretty lady," and there is Kai. Kai is probably the biggest player, and people don't realize. He has that hot professor look going with his glasses and mop black hair. But us four know how much of a flirt he is. We became friends when John and I were looking for another roommate in our apartment, freshman year, and here comes this insecure, shy kid who had no one at the school.

Little did we know how much that asshat would grow out of being shy and into the most talkative person in the world.

"Kai, get off my girl before I break your wrist," I grunt.

Kai laughs. "Ahh, there's the Theo we know and love," he says. Kai has known to press my buttons from the day I met him, but at the end of the day, he is the sweetest person in the world. Probably why he makes such a good father.

He leans down into the car seat that holds his 10 month old son. "Do you want daddy to have a broken wrist?" He says in a babyish voice.

"Do ladies call you daddy to? Now that you have a kid?" I tease.

He cringed. "Ew, bro! No, and I haven't been with anyone since Cayden's mom." Cayden, his son, is growing up without his mother, since she up and left after she had the baby. Kai struggled a little in the first few months, and I helped him a lot which is why I delayed my move to Virginia, it's also why I'm so good with Ophelia now.

Ophelia came over to me, tugging on my pant legs. Her bright silver eyes staring back at me. "Can I play with the baby?" She asks into my ear when I crouch to her level. She points at Cayden all snug in his car seat.

"You have to ask his daddy," I joke, smirking at Kai who is sending me death glares. Everyone laughed and my heart warmed from the familiarity.

"Can I play with the baby?" Ophelia retorts to Kai, still hiding being my leg.

"Of course kid, but maybe after he wakes up, because god knows how long it took to put him down for a nap," he sighed. Ophelia nodded, and headed back to Juliette.

Juliette.

I turned to look at her, a goddess in red and her perfect body. I just wanted to run my hands through her hair, and down her creamy body, feeling every inch of her.

Dawson clears his throat. "Wanna introduce us to the lady," Dawson asks. Dawson had the twang of a country accent from growing up in Tennessee, and he seemed to never be able to brush it off even after moving to Pennsylvania for so many years.

The other guys eyes glued to Juliette, and suddenly I felt protective over her. Like she was a piece of art that no one should be near.

"This is Juliette," I say, pointing at her. "And this is Ophelia. She may seem a little shy right now, but don't let her near a wallet she will end up clearing it with those puppy dog eyes."