34 - Theo

The only way I wanted to wake up was next to my favorite girl.

Juliette still smelled like her perfume from the night before and a little bit like the cherry wine she spilled on her leg. She ended up changing out of the green dress and into her favorite pajama set. The whole night, it was filled with gentle kisses and reassuring words. She told me how stressed she was about Ophelia, and I kept checking on her just to assure Juliette that she was fine.

I moved Juliette's legs off my laps, getting up as slowly as possible, trying my best not to wake her. She kept waking up in the middle of the night, panicking that Ophelia needed her. I covered her in a blanket, fixing the pillow under her head, before heading to the kitchen.

I crack my neck, feeling it slightly tensed from laying horribly on the couch, but I didn't care. I'd take any pain to sleep next to the most perfect girl in the entire world again.

As quietly as possible, I began making breakfast for both my girls. I only cut up cubes of watermelon for Ophelia, not wanting to feed her anything that could make her stomach worse. If she was good after that, I planned on making her anything she'd like that went in the guidelines of not giving her stomach another attack.

For Juliette I made her the usual yogurt parfait with extra fruit and toast on the side. I decided toast and jam could help Ophelia since the bread could soak up whatever upset her stomach.

I woke up Ophelia first since she slept through the night perfectly. Her head was still a little warm, but other than that she was perfect. Usually, I'd open her curtains as a way to wake her up without making her mad. When the light beamed on her eyes, she was up in seconds.

"Good morning, Theo," she mumbled, rubbing her eyes, giving me a weak smile that melted my heart. She had the same heart shaped lips as her mother.

"Good morning, kiddo," I say, brushing some hair off her forehead, checking her temperature with the back of my hand. "Feeling better kid?" I question.

She nods her head. "Mhm."

I pick her up, her instinctively wrapping her arms around my neck. "I made breakfast," I explain.

"Yay!" She squeals in excitement. I smile, loving how cute and sweet one person can be.

"Shh," I whisper in a childish tone, as we enter the kitchen. "Mommy is still sleeping."

She nods her head, putting a finger to her lips, mimicking me shushing her. I sit her on the stool that is especially for her, handing her the plate of watermelon and juice. I get started on Juliette's matcha latte. When she doesn't have practice or work, she'd drink matcha instead of her usual coffee. I've noticed her do this about five times since she is rarely getting any breaks, but I noticed the routine either way and continued it for her.

I added a few drops of vanilla syrup and added her favorite oat milk to it. I plate her food, and walk over to the spot on the couch she had been sleeping on.

I move pieces of hair off her face, kissing her forehead to wake her up. "Good morning, princess," I whisper into her ear, before kissing that as well.

She slightly moans as she stretched her arms, the blanket dropping to her lap, revealing the beautiful parts of her collar bone and stomach. God this woman did things to me, and how I fucking loved every second of it.

"Good morning, mommy," Ophelia shouts from her spot on the island, popping a cube of watermelon into her mouth.

Juliette laughs, rubbing her tired eyes. "Good morning, darling. How are you feeling."

Mid bite, Ophelia smiles, putting a big thumbs up, causing Juliette to laugh. "That's good, kid," she says, pausing when she looks down at the tray on the coffee table. "And what is this?"