38 - Juliette

"You ready, Jules?"

My knuckles were white as they gripped my suitcase with a little too much force. But what could I do, I was a nervous wreck. And having Theo standing so close to me, looking as hot as sin, wasn't helping my situation.

This whole week, every time someone asked me if I was nervous about the games, I waved them off. I said I was excited and thrilled to finally get another chance. Now, about to hop in the car and leave for the airport, I've never been more scared.

I should be eager. I am—somewhere beneath all the worry—eager. It's redemption day, as some have put it. After getting rejected during the last Olympics for "undisclosed reasons" (my teen pregnancy), I thought I'd never get another chance. Life has been crazy the past four years, but might as well add a gold medal to the chaos.

I do believe I deserve an award for running through the chaos with a smile on my face.

I turn to Theo who looks absolutely gorgeous holding my daughter in one arm, and my pink suitcase in another. There was probably one nice outfit in that suitcase. Everything else was my competition stuff and clothes for practice. I had another two suitcases by the door, that I had to argue to carry myself.

"Yeah, I'm ready," I whisper, easing some of the nerves off my shoulder. Theo abandons my suitcase with the rest and strides over to me. His lips crash against mine, the familiar feeling melting away any of the tension.

We are only allowed a second to kiss before Ophelia grabs my face. "Yucky," she says, causing us both to laugh.

My perfect little girl, and my perfect boyfriend.

I smile, remembering the girl on her dorm room floor, crying next to three positive pregnancy test. I remember how defeated she felt. I remember how she cried herself to sleep that night and didn't go to practice or class for a week because she thought her life was over.

Now, the product of that was an amazing girl who was the brightest star in my lonely night sky. And looking at Theo—my tattooed, grumpy, sweet and caring Theo—I realize he was the second star I never knew I was missing.

We hope onto the highway, avoiding Saturday morning traffic by taking a few back roads. It wasn't a long drive to the airport, but I did enjoy the scenic route. It helped calm whatever was left of my nervous morning.

We got breakfast before hitting the road, so I sip on my much needed cup of coffee while I pick small pieces of my pastry apart and feed to Ophelia in the back seat.

"Look, Philly," I turn to the girl in the back seat. "A hippie van!"

Ever since I was a little kid, I used those old vans as a sign of good luck. I saw them on the way to my first competition, and miraculously won. I have a tiny version hanging from my mirror in my own car. I wanted to bring it with me, but I didn't want Theo thinking I was crazy.

It's just a car anyway.

The back road we were on was practically bare except for the one van in front of us. It was in pristine condition, which was shocking since the cars are at least fifty years old.

Its light blue paint had to be refurbished, since there wasn't an ounce of rust or a fade in the color.

"Look in the mirror," Theo whispers to me, shocking me with his sudden words. He's been mostly silent the entire ride, focusing on the road. The only times he looked at me was to see the blush on my cheeks when he placed his hand on my thigh—surprising me with the protective touch.

I follow his instructions and look at the mirror. "Oh my-" I gasp, my words cut off at another one of the vans cutting in front of us. The empty road wasn't so empty. Behind us was more hippie vans in one group than I have seen in my entire life.

My heart begins to pick up beat, looking at a smirking Theo and the mirror. I watched as Theo slowed down slightly, allowing two more vans to pass in front of us.

The one that cut in front of us was a purple car this time. Another one followed, this time pink—my favorite color. On the back of it, it said "Good luck, Jules."

Tears began to well in my eyes. I turn to Theo whose focus was between the road and me. "You didn't," I mutter, my heart aching during each second.

When I thought I couldn't get more lucky, he somehow organized my lucky symbol to follow us on my way to the airport. He wrote 'good luck' on the back of the car that was my favorite color. He took a separate road just so we could be isolated for this moment. He did all of this and I had no clue.

"When... how..." I begin to stutter, but he chuckles away my questions.

"You are the best thing to happen to me, princess. I wanted to show you that," he explains, the sincerity in his voice breaking me. "Also, I thought you deserved as much luck as you could get."

I don't deserve to be this luck.

"I love you, Theo," I whisper, kissing him on the cheek.

"I love you more, princess," he replies, bringing my hand to his mouth to gently kiss.

"Mommy that's your name!" Ophelia points, causing us both to laugh.

My perfect little family.

A/N: I know the chapter was short, but I felt that this story deserved a great ending, and sometimes that can be short. Thank you to everyone who has read and supported this story. I know it has taken a lot of time to finish, but we got there!!

I love you all! Look out for any future updates on any of my other story of books.

follow the socials ⬇️
tiktok: @authorstmelia
insta: @authorstmelia002

as always, have a great day,
Lia <333