25 - Theo

Juliette was all calm cool and collected, but my ass certainly was not.

This is the guy that I've wanted to punch for months now. The man who caused so much damage on this little family.

"Julie! Looking good as ever," he slid his hands to her back as he embraced in an award hug. I wanted to pull at my hairs at the idea of this man seeing her at so many stages in her life, stages I'd beg and pay to see. He got opportunities I couldn't even fathom, and fumbled in the end. How does someone have something as good as Juliette, and mess up so badly.

"That's not my name, Isiah. And you know it," she gritted in response. She looked so fucking gorgeous, and he's there, standing in his stupid turtle neck and jeans as if it were twenty degrees outside.

"Oh come on, Julie, for old times sake," he playfully chuckled. How does someone go without years of seeing someone, to talking about 'old times sake.'

As he tried to give another playful touch to her, I stepped in the way. "She said it's not her name, bro." My hand moved to his chest before he could grab her arm, or hand, or whatever he has been doing and I've had to just sit back and watch for a painful ten seconds.

"New man already, Julie? I'm still having trouble moving on, and you already got a routin-toutin body guard over here," he mocked and my god I could punch that Jimmy Choo cologne smirk off his stupid ass. My ears were turning red—and flames should practically be coming out by how angry I was turning.

"Four years? You still can't move on? Seemed very easy for you to leave, I'm honestly surprised it wasn't as easy to find a new side piece—you seemed very good at that while we were together." Her voice was coaxed with sarcasm and fake pity and I think I fell just a little harder in love with her.

"I see the attitude hasn't changed since," he rolled his eyes. "So how has my sweet little Issa been?" Issa? Who the fuck is Issa?

"That's not her fucking name you dumb cunt!" She gritted, now I was holding her back, because she seemed ready to unleash all her pent up aggression on him in that moment. Which I am usually a fan for—don't get me wrong—but not at a four year olds birthday party.

"Well obviously it isn't, but if you learned to listen for once it would have been. Still don't know how to tell my parents their only grandchild not only isn't the name I picked out, but also doesn't have my last name. I mean seriously, Ophelia Abridge? What kind of name is that?" Who knew someone could speak, and every word made you closer to killing them.

Juliette was nearly stunned. "Your parents! When have your parents visited their grandchild? Oh and better question, where the fuck did all the rich boy money you had go when it was time to pay child support? How about you do one thing right for once, before you start claiming any purpose to my daughter!"

And just like that he was left speechless.

"You never listen do you?" Oh and he couldn't learn to take a hint and shut up.

"I've listened plenty," she snicked, a dark glow casted on her face, and something more deep was hidden behind those words.

"Not enough apparently, at least you listened to the only thing I truly wanted when you had her," he spoke, and I was clenching my fists, holding back the urge to punch. This man deserved to never speak, to never be heard. Who the hell was this? What jurisdiction did he think he had to speak to her like this?

"I regretted everything I had with you, but Ophelia. She is nothing close to a regret. Miracle, angel. Best thing to happen to me. You, we're a regret. But my daughter will never be close to considered that." Sometimes I hated how she had to remind everyone of this. That she had to remind them that even though the father of her child wasn't present, and she had her at an unruly time, she loved her as if all those circumstances didn't exist.