17 - Juliette/Theo

Was he serious?

And I'm not saying that in a 'who the hell does he think he is' type of way. I mean it literally. Was he serious? Like did he actually want me to practice on him? Or whatever terms he wanted to put his sentence in.

Even if he was, why did I not internally object? Almost instantly, I wanted to say yes, that whatever he wanted to do to 'fix my problem' I'd do. I think last nights events made me extremely desperate if I was practically going to throw myself at my daughters nanny.

Oh my god. I can't do this.

For Ophelia's sake. Ugh! Why did he have to become her nanny. Elisa was good enough—even if she was going to move in a month. I'm more frustrated right now because the idea of him actually doing something with me sexually has sent heat down my abdomen.

"Mommy are you going to eat," Ophelia says, which catches my attention. I move from the breakfast bar to the high top table, sitting next to Ophelia who was already half way done with her pancakes.

Theo went to his fridge, and pulled out a yogurt cup, and topped it with some granola and chia seeds. "I see you eat this before you head to practice," he says, as he puts it infront of me—along with an aspirin and some water.

"I'm not hungover," I tell him, but he only shrugs.

"I've done some research on your training, and I think it's better to take the aspirin instead of being dizzy of having a headache." Him worrying about me almost brought tears to my eyes. I realized it the bare minimum, but when all you do is take care of others, it's nice to have someone to fall to.

Someone who will catch you and say it's alright. "Oh by the way," Theo says, catching me out of my thoughts. "Ophelia is going to come with me to work for a few hours, then we're stopping by to see you at practice."

Ophelia turns to me, this would probably be the third time Ophelia has seen me practice. The trainers don't like us having viewers. They think they will tell the other teams stuff or they will throw us off. It's some weird rules, so I have to practically beg to let them allow Ophelia or Theo in.

Sometimes I have to lie and say he's my husband—which he doesn't know I say that. "Sounds cool, make sure to bring—"

"Bring her books and coloring, and also her tablet in case of emergencies. But don't use that as a first resort because then you can mess up her brain or whatever the stupid website you read about three years ago says," he flashed me a smile and I was in shock.

I looked down at my yogurt, aspirin, and water, and took the medicine—drowning it in the crisp water that felt so good against my suddenly parched throat. "Remember, practice starts at nine, and ends at five. So I'd recommend showing by four and then I can just drive you back."

He nodded at me: "sounds like a plan," he said before I finished the last of my yogurt. Grabbing my duffel bag fun of stuff for practice. I dropped Ophelia's stuff off for Theo, including clothes and some comfort stuffed animals. "You got extra water right?" Theo shoots me a glance as I'm preparing to walk out the door.

"Yup," I quickly reply, feeling the rush of having to leave. Once I existed into the brisk autumn weather, I felt whole again. My face was probably blushed and red the entire time I was in there. Why is the sexiest thing in the world a man who is a good parent—even if it's not his own kid.

Not even that, but his statement. The banter; him and I share all the time, or whatever you'd like to call it. Everything just felt weird, wrong, even odd to be doing. He is my daughters nanny, he is the most distant and close person I'd ever met. He is like a closed book, but a clear looking glass. He just confuses me, and I didn't like it.