CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: CONNECTION

Amaterasu: Hello, everyone. Sorry, I haven't been updating this story as of late, I just needed a break from writing for a while to recharge my mental brain storage. I decided to end this book soon and write another book regarding the Tri-Wizard Tournament so as not to make this book exceptionally long. I hope you guys are okay with that. Now, without further ado, let's continue The Cat & The Canary.

Quick Note: After her magic awakened, Hermione grew a bit taller. She's half a head taller than Fleur in this story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

[The Cottage - Around 7:45 in the morning]

The long feline tail waved at a slow speed along the cushions of the rather soft and elegant sofa as narrowed brown eyes looked at the content spread along the table while delicate cat ears twitched at every sound that was around her as a clawed hand reached for the cup of steaming coffee on the table, grabbed it along the hook, and brought it to the awaiting lips of the powerful heiress. Hermione placed the cup back down and swallowed the contents in her mouth before looking back at the contents on the table. 

Scattered along the table were different kinds of documents - wills, property deeds, photos of a grand house, and a letter from her parents; all of them delivered by the Saber-Lobos' Head Elf and given to Hermione while Fleur was sleeping soundly in their shared room, just thinking about sharing a bed with the gorgeous Veela was enough to make the cat-hybrid blush before she shook her head and looked back at the paperwork. According to the letter her mother and father sent her, the house in the photos was now under Hermione's Ownership but it was in need of some maintenance it was a perfect house for Hermione and Fleur and their upcoming growing family. Once again, the thought of Hermione having a family with Fleur made her blush and groan as she facepalmed herself and ran her hand down her face before handing her head down with a growl and her cat ears laying flat on the surface of her head.

"What is wrong, My Lioness?" A familiar voice called out, causing Hermione to look up and see Fleur standing on the stairs dressed in her blue silk robe with concern in her deep blue eyes.

"Did I wake you up?" Hermione asked as she watched Fleur walk down the stairs, across the floor, and take her place on the sofa beside Hermione.

"I noticed that your warm body wasn't near anymore and I woke up. It's rather cold this morning and I cannot sleep without my mate beside me." Fleur looked at the paperwork on the table and looked back at Hermione, "This looks important, is everything alright, my love?" 

"It's a house. It belonged to the Saber-Lobos Family but now Mother decided to give the house to me." Hermione looked at the ground with a blush on her face before she spoke her next words, "For us..." Those words caught Fleur's Attention as she looked at Hermone's Blushing Face.

"For us? Your parents are giving us a house? That is great news, my lioness." Fleur smiles at Hermione as she placed a hand on Hermione's hand, causing the lioness to flinch, "Is everything alright, Hermione? You seem nervous." Fleur asked as she looked at her with those eyes once again.

"I'm fine." Hermione said as she reached for another document but Fleur's hand stopped her in midair and brought them in front of Fleur's chest without touching it. Hermione looked at Fleur held her hands and looked at them with sadness in her eyes, "Fleur?" 

"You are lying to me, Hermione, I know that you are not fine; I can feel your emotions." Fleur said as she looked into Hermione's eyes who were rather confused at her words.

"You can feel my emotions?" Hermione asked.

"From the first moment, we met, a connection was made and I accepted it right away but... you have yet to accept it, accept me, so you aren't able to feel me like I feel you. Why? Why haven't you accepted me into your heart yet, my love?" Fleur asked.

"I... I'm just trying to understand all of this, Fleur. We just met but we have this bond as if we've known each other since we were infants. Fate is a rather confusing thing for me and I'm not sure how to accept all of this. How can you accept me so fast when you don't even know me as well as you think you do?" Hermione asked Fleur, who removed one of her hands from Hermione's hands and placed it over her heart, making the Lioness blush but calm down when he started feeling her heartbeat quicken in pace but then he felt a second heartbeat - Fleur's - and they where beating in perfect sync.

"Your heart told me everything I needed to know about you, My Love. I know what you have been through - your joy, your love, your anger, all your emotions were laid out to me and I searched through all of them; only to find a lovely yet scarred soul, someone so strong that refuses to be vulnerable to anyone but you don't have to be that way, Hermione, you can show your heart to me and I shall keep it safe just as you keep mine safe." Fleur looked Hermione in the eyes as she placed Hermione's hand over her own heart, "Let me in, My Love. Accept my love, my feelings, and my emotions, and I shall do all in my power to make you feel complete as you should be. I will never betray you...not like they did."  

Hermione looked into the blue eyes of the woman before her and found not a single lie - Fleur was right, Hermione was hiding who she was away from her mate because of the betrayal she faced at the hands of the friends she once cared for and she hid away her heart as to not feel that kind of pain again. Here was this woman before her, willing to love her for all her flaws and scarred heart but still accept her. All he had to do was accept her bond with her.

"I accept you, Fleur." The link between their hearts became solidified as Hermione was open to Fleur's emotions - she felt the girl's love for her, the hatred she had for Hermione' Enemies, the hope she has for their future and that's all Hermione needed as she leaned forward and placed her lips on Fleur's, who closed her eyes and leaned into the kiss. Hermione felt an unknown magic flow over her as he wrapped her arms around Fleur and pulled her closer as the Veela placed her hands on the Lioness' Chest. Even after their lips parted for air, they stayed in each other's embrace, looking into each other's eyes.

"I would love to visit our new home today, My Love." Fleur said with a smile as her eyes gleamed like sapphires.

"I think that's a perfect idea. It would be nice to get out of the cottage today." Hermione agreed before the two of them leaned in closer again and shared each other's kiss once again.