CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: CALMING NERVES

Amaterasu: I'm back with another update but I have a slight issue. Earlier in the story, I gave Fleur's Mother the name Amelia, not knowing her real name, and Fleur's father the name Darius because he didn't have a known name. I'll say that Amelia is Apolline's Alias but she will go by her real name in this chapter. Darius will remain Darius because he has no known name from what I found. Now, let the story continue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mooncrest Estate - Around 12:55 In The Afternoon - One Week From The Last Chapter]

The manor was alive. The Elves were cooking dinner and Fleur was getting ready in their shared room while Hermione was in the study getting dressed in the outfit her grandparents sent her: A Black Prince Suit with a Ring Crown; she thought it was a bit much but Fleur thought she was going to look just dashing in her outfit and Fleur also expressed that Hermione should embrace her royal lineage. The  Kneazle Hybrid was a little nervous about accepting herself into the royal line, but she considered her mate's words and thought about it. At that moment, Hermione stood before the mirror in her study and looked up and down her body at the outfit she was gifted but she wasn't wearing her crown, it was sitting on the dresser on a pillow that Hermione could see from her reflection in the mirror. She closed her eyes to think and drowned herself in her thoughts. Still, she was pulled out of her thoughts when gentle hands found themselves on her shoulder, causing her to open her eyes and look at her side, where her mate was standing, looking like a royal herself in her lovely blue dress, her hair done, and a very concerned look on her face.

"Hermione, I have been calling you for the past 4 minutes, are you alright?" Fleur asked as Hermione turned to look at her mate with a smile as she placed her clawed hands on Fleur's waist, making sure her claws didn't scratch Fleur's sides or dress.

"I am fine, My Love... I am just nervous." Hermione knew better than to lie to her mate, Fleur always knew when she was lying.

"I can tell - your hands are shaking, my love; what have you so nervous? You met my parents before, Hermione." Fleur said as she adjusted the collar of Hermione's outfit.

"Fleur, that was before you and I got so close; I am going to marry their daughter and rule the wizarding world with her someday, I want them to like me and not just see me as a figurehead," Hermione said with a nervous look in her eyes as she looked at her reflection in the mirror before 2 hands found themselves on her cheeks and moved her head to face Fleur, her eyes looked in the same direction.

"Hermione, I know that you are nervous, about meeting your mate's parents, but I need you to understand that I know my parents and I know that they will love you, hopefully not as much as I do because I don't wanna have to fight my parents over my own mate." Fleur smiled as Hermione chuckled at her mate's words, just the image of a jealous Fleur made Hermione smile.

"Seriously, Fleur, surely you understand why I am so nervous. These are my mate's - my life partner's - parents and I want to make a good impression. I know your mother was nervous that I would reject you when we first met but the glare in your father's eyes made him look like he wanted to break my spine in two." Hermione gulped at the image of Darius' Glare flashing through her mind - his face was scrouged up and his eyes were narrowed, he was cracking his knuckles before folding his arms. He looked pissed.

"Yes, Papa was a little upset when he found out that I was mated to another but he understands that it is in my nature. You are from a powerful line and you will give him powerful grandchildren; surely, he can't stay mad forever at you. Plus, he never got the chance to know you just yet; once he gets to know you, he will see you as the perfect Daughter-In-Law." Fleur smiled and Hermione exhaled before leaning down and kissing her mate's painted lips. Fleur and Hermione wrapped their arms around each other and enjoyed each other's warmth before a knock on the door caused them to look at the House Elf - Terry - standing in the doorway, looking rather nervous.

"Terry, is something wrong?" Hermione asked her elf.

"Madame Apolline and Sir Darius are waiting for you in the foyer, Lady Hermione and Lady Fleur." The House Elf said before bowing and turning away to make sure dinner was served on the table.

"And there goes my nerves." Hermione clenched Fleur tighter to her as if she was a body pillow, Fleur chuckled and kissed Hermione to calm her down and loosen her grip.

"We shall be alright, My Love. Place your trust in me." Fleur smiled at Hermione before walking over to the table, collecting Hermione's crown, and returned  to place the crown on Hermione' head, causing it to sit on the girl's forehead before taking Hermione's hand in her own. "Time to meet the In-Laws, love."