CHAPTER SEVEN - THE PACT

Quick Note: While researching the recipe for the Animagus Potion, I found out that a Failed Potion would result in permanent Half-Human Half-Animal Characteristics. Huh. 

- The Next Morning -
- The Opening to the Great Hall -

The Threshold of the Great Hall was filled with the sounds of chatter and shoes walking along the stone floors below - various conversations and nonsense. Darting to any and every sound were the Knzeale Ears of the Newly Dubbed Heir of the Houses Ravenclaw & Hufflepuff. Her arms were folded across her chest with the bare knuckles of her left hand overshadowing the glistening gems that rested upon her dominant hand. Her eyes were closed and a stern look on her face as she waited from her siblings. Hermione could hear any and everything that was being said but she chose not to say anything - pointless nonsense was not worthy of her time or anger, as her brother made it very clear before they withdrew to their dorms.

"Waiting for your master, you filthy stray?" An arrogant and irritating voice rung in Hermione's Ears, against her better judgment, she opened her eyes to come face-to-face with the Daughter of the Weasely Family - Ginerva Weasley.

"Do you have anything better to do than bother someone who wants nothing to do with you, Weasley?" Hermione asked with a raised eyebrow and ear while the other laid flat in a look of mock confusion.

"What? And miss putting you in your place, Filth? Not a chance." Ginny smirked but her smirk fell when Hermione chuckled that the insult. "What's so funny, Stray?" Ginny hissed.

"I just find it funny you think your pathetic words can do anything to someone of my stature. I know that you, Potter and you stupid, pig, brother are failing in your classes since you revealed your true colors. Do you think you're hurting me, Ginerva Weasley? No, I should be thanking you - with you and the liars out of my life, Merlin has given me something better than mere friends. I could put you in your place with a single finger. Keep trying test me, Little Weasel." Hermione's fangs were on full display as her smile widened from ear-to-ear, her eyes shined with the slight presence of magic. Ginny apparently has her brother's inability to know when to back down.

"Yeah right, you lying bitch. A Mudblood like you could never be an equal to a Pureblood like me. I'd like to see you try, Bitch." Ginny sassed with her hands on her hips, leaning closer to the Feline Hybrid. Hermione's eyes narrowed and her smile grew wider, she began to lift her right index finger to show her gem before another voice called out to her.

"Hermione, place your finger down; now is not the time to reveal your Trump Card." Hermione and the Weasel looked to see Neville and Luna walking in their direction. Hermione huffed as her ears lay flat.

"Come on, Neville. Can't I at least put her in her place?" Hermione practically begged her Bloodless Brother, who just shook his head.

"Now is not the time, Hermione. Remember what we talked about." Neville said walking behind the Knzeale.

"'When all the cards are on the table, I will reveal my true hand.' I know, Neville." Hermione said pushing herself off the wall but her arms remained folded and her tail wrapped around her waist once again. "Today is Saturday. Do either one of you have classes?" Hermione asked.

"No. I'm good." Neville looks at Luna. "What say you, Luna?" Neville asked her.

"I'm free as well. Do you have the list of the items were are going to need?" Luna asked Hermione.

"Everything we have on the list can be purchased at Potage's Cauldron Shop & Sluggs and Jiggers Apothecary. I don't think we can get the Dew from there but everything else can found there." Hermione explained while pulling a folded parchment from her pocket. She and her siblings started heading in the Great Hall, continuing their conversation.