CHAPTER THIRTY - DINNER WITH THE FUTURE IN-LAWS

Amaterasu: Hello everyone, it's Amaterasu No Mangaka. I am pleased to share the final chapter of this story's main level. I have also been considering creating What If Chapters that will run parallel to this story. Without further ado, let's dive into the last chapter of Cat and Canary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mooncrest Manor - Foyer]

At Mooncrest Manor, Hermione watched as the Head Elf led in Madame Apolline Delacour and Monsieur Darius Delacour. Hermione had dressed all her elves in fancy outfits, and the Head Elf was no exception. Apolline wore a light blue dress embedded with gems and a matching hat. Darius had on a black suit with the Brooch of Clan Delacour on his chest and his short black hair brushed back. Fleur noticed Hermione's unease and touched her forearm, instantly calming her down.

"Introducing Madame Apolline Delacour & Monsieur Darius Delacour of the Clan Delacour." The Head Elf spoke to Hermione and Fleur as she bowed. Hermione looked at the couple and bowed her head, letting her ears lay flat on her curls that were tamed in a ponytail.

"Madame and Monsieur Delacour, welcome to our home," Hermione used a firm yet gentle tone while speaking with her mate's parents, aiming to maintain her image as a strong and responsible heir and homeowner. Unlike other pureblood families who mistreated creatures, she wished to show kindness and compassion towards them. It was important to her to remain true to her values and not become like those who did not share her beliefs.

"Heiress Saber-Lobos, it's an honor to see you again." Apolline smiled at Hermione and her husband returned it in kind.

"My Wife told me about your first encounter with her and our daughter - you stopped a mugging with your Sabertooth Form. As the night progresses, I would love to see it if that is alight with you." Darius said as he bowed his head to Hermione with a smile on his face. Fleur smiled at her Parents before leaving Hermione's side and hugging her parents, who hugged her back in return.

"Maman! Papa! I'm glad you have come tonight." Fleur said as she broke the hug and looked at her parents.

"We wanted to see how you and your mate were doing, Fleur, has she been treating you well?" Darius asked his daughter with a raised eyebrow.

"She treats me like a Queen, Papa. Do you not see the lovely dress and trinkets she  purchased for me?" Fleur asked as she showed off the rings on her fingers and the tiara upon her golden locks.

"Your Mate has decent taste in fashion and trinkets, I'll give her that but I am curious about how your relationship is progressing," Apolline said as she looked from Fleur to Hermione, who stood there in silence but a smile on her face.

"Why don't we save that talk for dessert, Maman? Come on, the Elves have made a rather delicious meal for us." Fleur said as she walked over to her mate and wrapped her hands around Hermione's offered arm, the hybrid turned to follow the Head Elf into the dining hall where the table was set with a variety of meals - from French to English - but Hermione's meals contained more meat than the others and her steak was well done.

The Heads of the Delacour Family, The Heiress of the Delacour Family, and the Heiress of multiple families sat down across from each other, Hermione and Fleur side by side as Hermione's hands trembled in her lap from the amount of anxiety she was feeling at the moment until Fleur reached over and placed her hand on top of Hermione's balled fists. The family ate and conversed - arguments of debates were made and laughter was shared but soon the meals were extinct and Darius Delacour wiped his mouth of crumbs and sauce before placing the napkin on the empty platter before him and turning to face Hermione with a serious glare in his eyes.