CHAPTER NINETEEN (PART I) - SCHOOL'S OUT EARLY

- Gryffindor Common Room -

Hermione sat on the crimson red sofa of the Gryffindor Common Room with a look of anticipation on her face and a small black suitcase at her feet. She twiddled her fingers as she waited for her Bloodless Brother.

Why does Hermione have a suitcase at her feet and waiting for Neville in the Gryffindor Common Room? Here's the situation:

After Athena's Appearance in the Great Hall - She asked the teachers of the statues of Hermione, Neville, and Luna's Academic Progress, Snape and McGonagall informed her that they completed all of their core lessons and collected the credits they needed to crossover to the next grade. Athena then announced that she was taking the Dire Trio to begin their break early for a personal family matter. Dumbledore tried to intervene, stating that Athena was not allowed to take the Dires, but as the Head of the Saber-Lobos & Ravenclaw Families, she had the right to take Hermione and the Protectorates whenever she pleased. Athena told Hermione that she and her siblings would begin their training at Saber-Lobos Manor. The 3 of them went to their respected dorms to collect their things.

"Hey, Hermione." Neville's voice called out from behind her. She turned as saw him carrying a brown leather suitcase at his side. Hermione smiled at him before she rose to her feet, using her tail to pick up her own bag and carried to as she walked over to Neville.

"Hey, Bro. You got everything you needed?" Hermione asked as she stuffed her hands into her pockets.

"Yeah. Do you know what your mom has planned for us?" Neville asked as he and Hermione left the Common Room.

"I'm not sure. Even as a Muggle, my mom is very secretive; not even Dad could figure her out sometimes." Hermione said as her ear twitched with a sly smile on her face.

Hermione and Neville continued on their way until they reached Hogwarts' Courtyard, where Luna and Athena were seen standing, having a conversation about various faires.

"Mom. Luna." Hermione's voice called out as she and Neville stepped into the light, causing Luna and Athena to walk over to them. For the first time, since Hermione found out about her Pureblood Lineage, Athena pulled Hermione into a tight hug and smiled at her.

"Good to see you, My Lycan Cub." Athena's comment confused Hermione for a moment.

"Mom, Lycans have 'Pups' not 'Cubs'." Hermione corrected her mother, who only smirked at chuckled before poking her finger into the center of Hermione's forehead.

"Remember, Little One - You might be the 'Brightest Witch of your Age', but I am the Head of the Royal House of Ravenclaw - The House of the Wisest. I have more experience and wisdom, just be prepared." Athena pulled away, Hermione's pout danced on her slightly embarrassed face as she placed a hand where her mother's finger just was.

"Alright, Children. Let's go." Athena said before she turned tail and walked out of Hogwarts' Main Gate; Hermione, Neville, and Luna followed behind her before all 3 of them were suddenly apparated away.

- A Few Moments Later -

The group suddenly reappeared and the children held in their stomachs in a hopeful attempt of keeping their meals down. Athena's footsteps along loose gravel stone caused them to look at her...and the masterpiece behind her.

"Dires, allow me to welcome you to Saber-Lobos Manor: The Home of the Extinct Beasts." Athena said as she threw her arms out, gesturing at the Manor's Grounds around her.

- Saber-Lobos Manor -

- Wolf Fountain in the Frontyard -

"Whoa..." The Dires all said in sync, none of them daring to tear their eyes away from the mansion.

After a while - Athena led the children into the manor's front room, where Christoper was waiting, along with Frank and Alice Longbottom and Xeno Lovegood.

"Mom? Dad? What are you two doing here?" Neville asked as he walked over to his parents and hugged both of them while Luna did the same, and asked the same, of her father.

"Lord and Lady Saber-Lobos/Dagworth-Granger invited us over for the summer vacation." Lord Xeno explained.

"That's correct. We thought it would be nice to have the Families of the Dires together for the vacation, not just for training, but to get to know each other better." Chris explains and he walks up with a smile on his face. He was wearing a classic outfit - Blue T-Shirt with jeans and black tennis shoes; the scars on his forearms were noticeable, they looked like he had them tangled in a thorn bush or he was mauled by some kind of ravenous animal.

"After what your family did for us, I speak for the entire family of Longbottom that we are grateful to be considered your friends and welcomed into your home." Frank said as he shook Chris'. Hermione looked over to her mother, who was speaking to Alice while Luna and her father we catching up before she looked around the house. There were different kinds of paintings, most of them were of the past patriarchs and matriarchs of the Saber-Lobos family. Athena walked over to Hermione and placed at hand on her shoulder, causing her daughter to look at her.

"I wanted to raise you in this house, where I was raised, and my mother before me but I was never given that option because of Lord No-Nose and Black-Blooded Bitch. While I couldn't give you the knowledge before, I can now. There will be no training today. I want you to get acquainted with the house and all who live here. I want to tell you that, yes, we do have Elf Workers here but we pay them, we get them new garments, they are allowed to eat at the table with us if they so choose, and they have a private house across the garden. That was the smaller house you saw." Athena explained.

"So...what are we going to do, now?" Hermione asked with her ears flat and her eyebrow raised.

"I want you to get used to the house without me being there to bother you and your siblings. Every room in this place is opened to you, Neville, and Luna, as well as their parents; the house knows that they would never betray our trust. Tomorrow, your training begins and I will show what it truly means to be a Saber-Lobos." Athena smiled at her daughter.

Hermione turned her eyes back to the wall of portraits, wondering what it could have meant to be a Saber-Lobos. They all looked human of different faces but they each had something in common - The Indigo Highlight in their eye. What could that have been? Whatever it was, Hermione was excited to find out.

Amaterasu (Holds up hands in surrender): "Now, before you attack me and feed me to the lions, hear me out. I've been working on scripts for multiple projects and I want to make sure that everything is decent and in order. The Next Chapter will be centered around the Saber-Lobos Secret and the chapter after that...well...let's just say that 'the canary' will come into play. Later. (Disappears in a cloud of smoke - Ninja Style!)