16

HUNESTI MARIE HILL
SUNDAY 10:30
HT,TEXAS

Hearing my phone ring i rolled over checking the time , 10:30 i read .

tf calling my shi this early , answering not even checking who it was i heard the speaker over the phone .

" This is a collect call from inmate " Prince Williams" prince voice spoke over the speaker fro-

not even listening to the rest of the call i pressed 1 .

hearing the line click ..

" prince ?" i spoke

" waddup ma" he said sounding tired n beat .

" omg , how long you been in there for ?" i asked genuinely concerned .

" i got locked up the night i seen you , think the trick i was with set me up" he retorted

" mm , u okay ?" i asked

" im straight  , just ready to get out of here"

" well you got a bond yet ?" i asked knowing it can take a min to get one .

" nahh , my lawyer working on getting one" he said

" you need money on yo books or anything ?"

" no essy im straight i promise , ion want you putting no money into my needs" he said tryna be the stubborn person he was

" it's not about whatchu want right now prince , ima do what ever to make sure you straight n yk that ." i said making him pause for a min .

" prince ?"

" yo ? im chillin i js ain't never heard no shi like that from a fee ." he said telling the truth. 

" well i gotchu n yk that" is stamped .

the phone dinged letting us know our time was almost up .

" fasho , be safe out there ma"

" no u be safe in there" i said knowing how dangerous ts can be my daddy stayed in n aht that ho

" forever , love you and ima ttyl ight ?" he said

" okay .." i trailed off .

then the line disconnected .

me n prince wasn't on the best times from the last time i seen him , but i wasn't finna hold a grudge while he was in this predicament .

i knew he had his hbs n shi but i wanted him
to know i had him too .

since i wasn't home i decided to call deja to see if she was there .

the line went straight to voicemail , i wasn't tripping tho cs i was good at the end of the day .

getting up i decided i'd scan the house , i need to get home soon anyways i had shi to handle .

seeing one of my daddy's car's gone i figured either him or tiny were gone or maybe even both of them .

hearing tiktok sounds playing from zuri's room i figured she was here , so i walked in .

to my surprise i found zuri and lil in there which was crazy because they were always fighting .

" where's da ?" i asked making both of them jump .

" s" lil keefy called out smiling at me , although he was 3 he was still having trouble with his speaking considering his parents never even thought to help him with it .

" he went to his place" zuri called out as she referred to the trap she knew .. but she didn't at the same time .

zuri was smart she knew a lot .

" so tiny here ?" i asked .

" mhm , she was getting her hair done earlier" she retorted .

i nodded walking out to my da n tiny room .

" hey toot" tiny said .. tiny was young she wasn't that young but she wasn't as old as my daddy .

" hey tiny" i said getting in the bed beside her .

" yo daddy was MAD at you last night" she said putting her phone down giving me all her attention .

" i know i could tell in the car , i don't know why i let deja drag me to that club ."

" who is deja ?" she asked

" my friend from BR"

" mm , the one you fell out with ?" she asked making me nod .

" red flag number 1 , once you fall out with somebody that animosity always gone be there" she said making me think .

" have y'all heard from chevo this morning?" i said remembering our call ln .

" um no , his lil gf called about him but i haven't heard from him , maybe keefy have ." she said

" okay , you gone take me home ?" i asked

" you gone take yo siblings ?" she asked

" unn uh , they got school tmr n them niggas can't get along im okay , gotchu this weekend tho ." i said

" okay ima hold you to that ." she said getting up .

-
not even taking time to collect my thoughts i went into my closet pulling all black out .

thinking of where chevo could be i thought about my old phone , me n chevo use to share locations with each other .

searching for the phone i finally found it in my junk drawer , grabbing it trying to power it on it was dead .

"fuck" i groaned .

putting it on the charger i changed quickly waiting for it to turn on ..

ding

indicating that it was on , grabbing it i went to the find my app .

clicking people at the bottom i seen chevo's contact..

" Last seen at 789 caliber rd" i read tf is that ..

not even thinking of what i was getting into i grabbed my gun and put it into my waist .

heading downstairs i hopped in my scat ..

-
pulling up to a warehouse , nothing but bad thoughts clouded my mind .

i wasn't no dummy tho i called vonte and told him meet me up here so i parked from a distance .

staring into blank space i knew that if my brother was in any kind of danger it would be my fault .

and if my daddy found out i'd be in trouble .

gentle taps that came to my window knocked me out my thoughts , seeing that it was vonte it let it down .

" you ready ?" he asked .

i could tell he was on go from when we were on the phone talking .

i nodded and hopped out the car pulling my ski down n putting my hood up .

vonte ain't have shi on his face he aint gaf tho , i was too pretty to go down tho .

getting to the warehouse door vonte wiggled it n it opened it at little bit , he then looked at me i nodded letting him know i was ready .