17

Hunesti Marie Hill , 19
HT,TX

Standing across from my brother at the entrance of a warehouse which we didn't know what we were walking into i just thought .

If anything had happened to my brother it would've been my fault .

" 1 , 2 , 3" vonte whispered to be before busting into the warehouse , i followed right behind him .

The first thing i seen was Vic , leezy's father .

I seen my brother tied to a chair with blood all over his clothes .

Vic's men had there guns drawn to me and vonte .

" well .. well .. well" he said before chuckling .

shoulda killed this bitch when i had the chance , something .. leezy was just holding me back i couldn't stop thinking about him that night now look at my brother .

" let my brother go vic ." i spat

" little miss hunesti , yk i can't do that .." he said enjoying every minute of this .

" well i know you ain't gone kill me so let him go , he looks half dead" i said looking at chevo who looked like he could barley breathe .

" Well , that's what happens when you second guess on decisions you were planning to kill me so now i'm planning to kill him"

" vic me and you both know you ain't killing him , my da will fye yo ass up" vonte said

" well daddy's not here is he lil pretty boy .

before me or vonte could get out anymore words shoots came thru the warehouse .

one went right thru one of vic's mens head , one went thru vic's arm and another thru vic's other man leg .

me and vonte just ducked , the first man of vic's was dead and in the mist of all of that vic and the other guy managed to flee .

" chevo ." i said running over to my big brother seeing him like this made me want to cry being that it was my fault he was like this .

removing the tape of my mouth , he didn't say anything .

" you okay ?" i asked him

i got no response .

" chevo you good ?" vonte asked again , there was still no response .

" vonte we gotta get him to the hospital or something , something wrong with him"
i said panicking .

" ight ight , ima get him in the car you call da and tell them meet us up there" he said making my stomach drop .

" vonte , please don't tell da" i said to him as he helped chevo to the car .

" hunesti , that's the last thing on my mind right now .. look at chev .. fr" he said as he walked out the door basically dragging chevo .

i could tell he was disappointed .

-
Davonte Jamal Cheeks, 19
HT,TX

We had been at the hospital for bout an hour tryna make sure my brother was straight .

The only questions my da was asking was what happened , he knew we found chevo in the condition he was in so we had to know something ..

I didn't say nothing bc i knew it would all fall on hunesti , and she didn't want that so i kept quiet .

But the truth was gone come out 1 way or another and if we lied to my da it would fall on us and wouldn't be good for none of us .

being hunesti brother , i felt like standing up for her was the best decision shi chevo would do it so i would to .

I wanted my da to look up to me as high as he looked up to chevo .. I never had a bond w my da for real because my ma kept me away .

We were all looking in the lobby just looking at each other , everytime i looked at hunesti all i seen was the warehouse and leezy .

I knew sooner or later she'd break bc she knew she was in the wrong and my da keep pressing us about it tiny made him chill tho bc the last thing we needed was stress .

the only thing we knew abt chev was that he had some brain and nerve damage and his rubs were bruised brutally from being beat on .

Nothing good came from brain damage , i js hope i wouldn't have a retarded ass brother in the outcome of this .