001

Authors Note:

If you enjoy this story, please vote and share for more chapters❤️💋 Also, if you'd like to leave a recommendation of ideas/what you want me to include in the story. <3

Francesa Russo

It was an average day. Leonardo was locked in his room or out partying, who knows. Elio and Lorenzo were in daddy's study with him, probably discussing some boring work shit I couldn't be bothered with.

Me, Matteo and Enzo were drinking and playing chess in the living quaters of the mansion. Matteo had his head flung back, complaining because Enzo kept beating him. Enzo kept bragging about it. I laughed at them both.

Suddenly the door slammed open and Edwardo, our head butler, stepped forward with a strange shocked look on his face.

"Edwardo buddy, come join us in chess," Matteo laughed, not reading the room.

"I'm afraid I can't sir. Your father has something important to tell you in his study. I think it's better if you hear it from him." Edwardo spoke and left almost immediately after leaving us confused and nervous.

We all ran to daddy's study, afraid of the news ahead. Enzo didn't bother knocking, he flung the door open and examined the room.

Elio looked as if he'd been crying. What the fuck? Lorenzo was stood next to him with the sternest look i've ever seen. Father was sat in his desk chair with another cold look. They were all dressed in their smartest suits like they were about to attend an important meeting.

"They've found her." Father spoke. My mouth dropped.

"She's been through a lot. Abused, raped. She's watched your mother kill herself. Yesterday night she murdered her stepfather in an act of self defence. I've chosen Lorenzo and Elio to join me to pick her up at the airport."

I didn't even realise when the tears started flowing down my cheeks. My little sister had been through all that alone? It's like something out of a horror documentary. I couldn't believe it.

"That's not fucking fair!" Enzo screamed "Let me come too," We could all hear the pain in his voice. Ever since Anastasia and mother disappeared he hasn't stopped asking for her, asking for updates or if she'll ever return.

"The choice has been made. You will wait for us to return." With that father left the study with Lorenzo and Elio following behind him like robots.

Anastasia. Please be okay.

——
Anastasia Russo

I sat in the cold empty airport, I was told my father and eldest brothers were on their way to pick me up. Half of me believed they'd never show up. It all seemed too good to be true.

I was starving, but I decided to keep quiet at the police station because I didn't want to trouble the nice officers even more than I already had. Maybe my new father would feed me.

I was wearing my stepfathers old shirt and mini shorts. These are all I have. My scars and bruises are exposed everywhere. The ones on my face and neck too. I hope they don't judge me.

As I was wrapped in my thoughts, I suddenly felt a strong hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see a man with a furrowed brow and slicked back raven hair. The first thing I noticed was his eyes, they widened when they saw me. He has the same eyes as me. It was like I was staring into a mirror. I immediately knew who he was.

"Father?" I asked in a trembling voice as I stood. I was half his height but he immediately wrapped his arms around me and we sunk to the ground. I cried on his shoulder, cried so hard I didn't have time to catch my breath.

"My Anastasia. My darling Anastasia. I chose that name. It suits you my love." The man said, pushing deeper into the hug. I've never felt like I belonged. But being embraced by the man who made me, I knew I wanted to be with him by his side for as long as I lived.

"Mother.. told me you didn't love us," I said between cries. He hugged me tighter.

"I would take 1000 bullets for you Anastasia, believe me." I did believe him. His voice was calm and sincere.

I only noticed the two men behind us about 5 minutes later when father finally released from the hug and we both stood up and dusted ourselves off.

The man on the left had a masculine face but feminine freckles, he looked warm and kind. He was crying. He wiped the tears away but I could tell.

The man beside him was slightly taller. He must be my eldest brother. He was pale and well put together. He had his arm flung around his younger brothers shoulder. He was giving me an unsettling look.

They both had fathers jet black hair and our blue eyes. They were also wearing very fancy suits, i've never seen suits like those in person. Only on TV.

"These are your eldest brothers. Introduce yourselves boys." Father said.

The younger brother on the left spoke first. "I'm Elio. I've been waiting a long time to meet you Anastasia." He said with a smile. I forced a smile through my tears then looked over at the other boy.

After a few seconds of silence he spoke, "Lorenzo." He said firmly, not breaking eye contact. Father gave him a disappointed look.

Elio stepped forward and hugged me tightly, a minute passed and he hadn't let go. Father had to pull him off me, which made me smile.

Father took my hand and we walked through the airport to the back entrance where all the private jets were. What were we doing here?

Father led me towards the biggest one, it was surrounded by airport staff and butlers. He then took my hand and helped me on. As he was walking me up the stairs I gave him a shocked look.

"Are you rich?" I blurted out forgetting my manners.

Father and Elio responded with laughter.

When we were on, I was told to get seated and put my seat belt on. Father and Elio sat together, opposite them was Lorenzo with an empty window seat next to him. I'm guessing that was for me.

I sat down next to Lorenzo and took my belt and started fiddling around with it. Elio immediately bent over and buckled me in.

"Have you ever been on a flight before?" Father asked, he sounded a bit concerned.

I shook my head.

The plane started making weird noises as it was about to take off? What was happening? Are we gonna crash? So many thoughts were racing through my head, i'm guessing Lorenzo noticed my worry because he took my hand and held it in his as we took off. It calmed me down a bit.

He didn't let go for the rest of the flight.