009

Authors note:

𝐡𝐢 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬<𝟑 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬!!!

——

Anastasia Russo:

I was exhausted when we got home. It was dark outside. All I wanted to do was sleep. Enzo and Elio brought up the bags to my room for me, and Francesa insisted on unpacking everything so I didn't have to worry about it.

Meanwhile, Lorenzo took me to fathers office because he wanted to speak with me. I nervously knocked on the door gently and a guard opened it. Father was manspreading on his chair tucked into his desk.

The office was huge, the size of my old living room. There were guards in every corner of the room.

When father saw me he smiled and put down his phone, he ushered me towards him. I came and sat down on his lap, resting my head against his chest.

He continued his typing while talking to me.
"How was your session my love?" He asked, his fingers clicking away on the keyboard.

"Good. I have anxiety, that's what Angela said." I muttered, not paying attention to the conversation and sinking into the warmth of his chest.

"I know. Did you get everything you needed at the mall?"

"I think so. I'm sorry. I think we spent alot of money." I said, feeling a bit guilty.

Father only laughed, "You can spend all the money in the world principessa. Trust me, we have more than we need."

"Clearly," I giggled back.

—-

After our small conversation, I was lead out of the office to find Matteo waiting outside the door for me.

"Hey dork. What took you so long? Hurry up next time." He grunted, taking my hand and pulling me along the corridor. The guards were watching us. I wonder why there are so many of them.

"Hey! Matteo! Where are we going?!" I complained as he continued to drag me along until we reached the living quaters.

"Everyone else is busy. Play chess with me." He ordered, playfully pushing me down on the soft beige couch, then sitting down on a armchair opposite me. Between us is a chess board, i'm white and he's black.

"I've lived in a dumpster neighbourhood my whole life. Do you really think I know how to play chess?" I laughed jokingly. His expression went a bit blank and I realised what I said.

"I'll teach you," Said a voice entering the room. I turned to see Enzo wearing a plain white shirt and black sweatpants. I've never seen him out of a suit before.

"Hey! I was about to teach her!" Shouted Matteo from our side of the room.

"You can't teach for shit kid." Laughed Enzo as he walked over to us.

"Quit calling me kid. It's a one year difference you moron!" Matteo said as I laughed at his childishness.

Enzo made himself comfortable by pulling up a chair, turning it around and sitting on it. His folded arms were placed on the back of the chair and his legs spread to face us.

He was on the right side of the chess board. He began explaining the rules to me. I got him straight away.

 I got him straight away

—-

As I was starting to get the hang of it, a butler entered the room.

"Excuse me young Russo's. Sorry to interrupt your game but your older brother Elio has sent me to inform you that dinner starts in 10 minutes but he'd like you at the table now."  The butler left right after speaking.

"Since when does Elio get to boss us around?!" Matteo groaned, "I thought only dad and Lorenzo could do that."

"Let's go." Enzo said, rising from his seat and lending me a hand up. I gladly took it. Me and Matteo followed him to the dining hall while arguing over which season is the best.

He insisted on Summer but I strongly believe Winter is the only right choice.

We arrived to the table and sat down in our usual seats. I scanned the table.

Father, Lorenzo, Elio, Enzo, Francesa, Matteo and me. But still no sign of Leonardo.
I haven't seen or heard from him all day, and we haven't talked since that night in my room when he hugged me.

I looked down at my plate and began picking at the meat on it.

Halfway through dinner, I finally worked up the courage to ask.

"Where's Leonardo?" I said, breaking the silence.

"God knows where that boy gets off to." Father tiredly muttered.

Just as we were speaking, the door slammed open. The guards almost sprung into action but stopped when they saw Leonardo's beaten up face. He had a black eye and a few scratches. The whole room gave him a concerned look.

He sat down and began eating like nothing had happened.

"Who the fuck did this to you?" Ordered Lorenzo angrily.

"None of your business." Said Leonardo, poking at the carrots on his place.

Lorenzo stood up like he was about to hit him or something, but father raised his hand and ushered him to sit. All of the rooms tension made me anxious.

I was worried for Leonardo. I looked at him obviously concerned. His lip was cut and the scratches on his face weren't minor. That black eye didn't look too bad but still worrying.

After dinner, I insisted on going to my room myself now that I know the way. On my way there I bumped into Violet and waved at her, she waved back with a grin.

When I got there I stared at my vanity with all the makeup neatly placed and organised. I peaked into my bathroom and saw all the skincare and a few pads in the drawer under my sink.

I looked over at my bed and saw a phone, laptop, Ipad and airpod case stacked on top of eachother charging on my nightstand. I've never owned any electronics. I went over and swiped the phone open, it looked expensive, I was scared i'd crack it. I went to messages and saw 7 contacts saved.
Father, Lorenzo, Elio, Leonardo, Enzo, Francesa and Matteo.

I put the phone down and opened my wardrobe and managed to find a pair of pyjamas within all the other clothes me and Francesa bought. I changed into it and dumped my dirty rags I was previously wearing on the side of my bed as I didn't know where else to put them.

I lay in my bed thinking. School. I was over anxious about it, but eventually sleep got to me and I fell into my slumber.

—-

Authors note:

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐒𝐎 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝟑𝟎𝟎 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬.❤️
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐫?