018

Authors note:

hi guys! i'm really sorry for the long break but i'm back!
if you enjoy this chapter, please show support by voting!

also- just to answer a very very asked question, yes there will be smut at some point in the book.

Anastasia Russo:

I awoke earlier than usual, and stayed staring at the wall in silence for around half an hour.

When we arrived home yesterday, I couldn't bare to face father or the others with the new news I received, I made up some stupid excuse of feeling tired and locked myself up in my room.

All I can think about is all the lies they've fed me, and how much more they could be hiding.

My thoughts were abruptly interrupted by a soft knock on the door.
"Come in," I barely spoke as I brought myself to sit upright in the bed.

The door slid open and Francesa peeped her head inside.

"Francesa," I whispered, slightly relieved it was her and not father or Lorenzo.
A smile creeped up on her face as she tip toed inside. She was wearing a black mini skirt and had her high heels in her hands as if she just got back from somewhere.

"Sorry if it's too early. Father wanted me to check on you, he thought it might be lady problems," She said with laughter as she sat down besides me.

I managed to fake a smile.
"But I can tell somethings wrong. You can talk to me Ana. You're my baby sister after all." She placed a hand on my thigh as she spoke.

Normally her words would bring me comfort, but I can't look at her the same knowing what she's been keeping from me.

"Nothing is wrong. I'm fine." I lied. "I'm just really tired from everything that's happened lately, I think i'm gonna go back to sleep."
Francesa smiled and nodded. She kissed me on the forehead and shut off the lights before leaving. Now I felt like the liar.

I hastily got up from my bed and began stuffing some of my possessions in my backpack. I knew I had to leave. I felt like I was living amongst a bunch of terrifying strangers.

I flung my bag onto my back, grabbed the first jacket I saw and slipped on a pair of trainers.

I couldn't get out through the door, they had guards roaming around through every corridor even at this time.

I looked towards the window beside my bed. It was more than big enough for me to climb through, the problem was where I was going to land.

I decided not to think too much about it because all I wanted was to get out as soon as possible.

I managed to push the heavy window open, then peered outside.
It was still dark out, the sun would be rising soon though so I had to be quick. I looked down to see a few security guards on either side of the building.

There was a bush directly under my window I could land on, but it would still be a rough fall given how high up I was.

I closed my eyes and took a leap of faith, and had to hold in my scream as I fell into the spiked bush. I winced in pain, hopefully the guards didn't hear my fall.

I was covered in bruises and blood from the spiked bush and impact of the fall, but luckily nothing seemed to be broken.

Slowly, I emerged from the bush and looked towards the gate. I'd have to climb over it without anyone noticing, and it was a huge gate.

At least now I know why they have all this fancy security.

I decided the faster I go the more likely no one will spot me. I ran towards the gate and threw my bag over, then climbed onto the rocks to lift myself up.

"Hey you! Stop there and show your face!" A mans voice was heading towards my direction. I looked to him, it was a guard armed with a gun running towards me.

I quickly pulled my hoodie over my head and flung myself over the gate. I heard shots fire and felt my heart stop at the sound.

The fall hurt but he was after me, and I couldn't stop running, so I grabbed my bag and began sprinting down the path, not knowing where I was going. I heard a loud alarm go off from behind me.

A few men were yelling but I couldn't make out what they were saying from the distance. All I knew was that I couldn't stop running.

I didn't stop or look back once knowing they could only be a few feet behind me.

Finally, after around half an hour of running the path came to a halt and I saw city lights and cars zooming past on the busy roads. Even though the area was run down and full of strangers felt a surge of relief.

I was tired, and probably extremely injured.

A few stores were open, I went to the one that looked the least sketchy. Before entering I checked my pockets for cash, God I hope I wasn't stupid enough to not bring money.

To my surprise I found a $20 bill. This would be enough to last me a week. Over the years I learnt how to survive on barely any money.

I stepped into the store and picked up a granola bar and a tiny tub of fruit. A total of $3.50.
The cashier was looking at me weirdly. I couldn't blame her, I probably looked like I just escaped a zombie apocalypse. Felt like it too.

She handed me my change. "There's a homeless shelter a few blocks over to the left." She added kindly.

I smiled at her gratefully. Now I have food and a place to stay. I won't ever have to see them again.

I made my way through the streets, scanning them for a homeless shelter. The only left turn was through an alley. I decided to take the risk, I wasn't wearing anything that could draw much attention to me anyway.

The more I walked through the alley, the darker it seemed. I clutched my fists and held my breath hoping this would be over soon.

Suddenly, a large hand gripped my shoulder from behind. I stopped walking, stopped breathing and stopped hoping. I'm so stupid. I knew this would happen but I did it anyway.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing walking through a scary alley at this time, darling?"
The deep voice whispered into my ear. I felt his breath on my cheek and tried to hold in my puke.

I didn't turn around nor reply.

"Silent treatment? Aw cmon darling. Don't do that to me." He turned me around to face him.

It was a middle aged man, he had rotten teeth and smoker breath. I instantly felt disgusted as he gripped my waist.

"Let go." I managed to say, but I felt my breathing get heavier and my eyes began to tear.

"Or what?" He clasped his disgusting hands onto my butt. I tried to scream, nothing came out. All I could do was helplessly stand there as he dug his nails into my delicate skin.

"Close your eyes and we'll make this quick baby." He whispered as he pulled me towards him and began to unzip his jeans.

My heart stopped, my breathing was now uncontrollable and my tears escaped one after the other. "Please.." I whispered helplessly.

I felt his hands linger towards my thighs, then up to my chest. He clasped his filthy hands onto my breasts. I accepted it. I couldn't fight back. Father promised me i'd never be touched again. Another lie.

Out of nowhere, I heard a gunshot and my eyes shot open. The man was just shot. He immediately loosened his grip on my body and fell to the ground.

I tried to control my tears as I looked up to see Lorenzo with a gun and fathers angry yet softened gaze looking towards me.