019

AN:

IM SORRY GUYS EXAMS GOT IN THE WAY OF THIS GETTING OUT SOONER😢😢
Lorenzo Russo:

Father and I immediately set off. We sent around 100 of our best guards off to roam the streets in search for her.

We couldn't lose her now. Not when we just got her back.

We approached the alley, not expecting to find her there, but to our shock she was stood, being groped by a disgusting man. It maid me want to vomit.

I looked at her face. She was crying uncontrollably, covered in bruises, her cheeks were puffy with tears. It hurt me seeing her like that.

Almost immediately, I took out my gun and fired. It was like an instinct.
And I never miss.

Anastasia Russo:

Father ran towards me and held me tightly, I collapsed in his arms. In the background I could see Lorenzo mercilessly choking the half conscious man who was bleeding out.

"Lorenzo that's enough..please," I choked out, still tangled in fathers heavy arms.
Lorenzo looked towards me and we held eye contact for a few seconds before he dropped the mans neck, stood up and wiped the dust off his suit.

"I'll wait in the car." He says as he carelessly walked off.
He acts like he doesn't care, but I can tell he does. He basically just ruthlessly murdered a man for touching me.
But that's what my family does anyway. Murder.

"Why did you want to leave principessa? I don't understand. What's wrong my love?" Father held me by my chin and rested his forehead against mine.

I closed my eyes, tightly. I knew i'd start crying if I saw the look on his face as he was speaking to me.

"I know. I know about the Mafia, and the Rodriguez family." I said silently.

I felt fathers grip loosen, then suddenly his arms wrapped around me tightly.

"Please don't be scared my love. We kept it from you for your own good. My poor girl. You've already been through so much." Father gently spoke.

I leaned into him and closed my eyes. I knew he had more explaining to do and God I had a lot more questions to ask.

But for now, my body was too weak to endure anything else. I let myself fall asleep in his arms.

—-

I don't know how long had passed, but I awoke on the large sofa in the common room. I noticed it was dark outside through the windows. I must've been asleep all day.

As I pulled myself upright a woman rushed towards me and offered to fluff up my pillows or fetch me a glass of water. I politely declined and she returned back to where she was standing before.

"You're finally awake," A soft familiar voice entered the room. Elio.

He came towards me, crouched down and put his hand on top of mine.

"So the secrets out huh?" He tried to lightly tread around it, but he could tell I wanted answers.

"Father and the others are waiting for you at the table. Come when you're ready." Elio said before lightly sighing and pacing away.

I wasn't ready. I could sit here for 10 years and still not be ready to face my family.

I decided to make this quick.

I got up and made my way to the dining hall, where I saw father checking his watch, and my siblings stood behind him in business attire as if they were about to attend a meeting.

Matteo noticed me enter and tapped father on his shoulder to alert him. Father looked over at me and said nothing. I couldn't read his expression, it was so blunt and dismissive.

"I want everyone in the car in the next 10 minutes." He demanded before pushing past me and leaving the room.

I've never seen him ignore me like that. I don't know what I did wrong.

I looked over at my siblings, Lorenzo and Elio followed after father. Leonardo's eyes were blood shot red, he looked like he was about to fall asleep. (🍃)

Francesa was whispering something to Enzo, they both seemed weirdly worried and distracted.

Matteo approached me and put his arm round my shoulder.

"Where are we going?" I whispered.
"I can't tell you everything now, but it won't be safe. When we get there you have to stay quiet and stick with one of us, okay?" He said, sounding serious and urgent, which was especially weird for Matteo who is always goofing around.
"Quiet? Why?" I asked.
"Not a word Ana. You hear me?" He said, suddenly angry.
"Okay, okay. I get it." I whispered silently as Matteo took my arm and dragged me outside with the others.

I was ushered into the back of a family sized van with tinted windows. I was sat in between Enzo and Leonardo. Opposite me was Matteo, who gave me a serious look. I remembered what he said. Stay quiet and stick with one of them. I looked over at Francesa, normally she's the one that tells me what's going on but she seemed distracted and confused herself, Elio had an arm around her shoulder as if something was wrong.

Everyone looked distraught, I didn't know what was going on or what to expect, the only thing I could go on was to follow Matteo's rules. I gripped the hem of my skirt anxiously as the van started.