004

Anastasia Russo:

Leonardo and Elio led me to the dining hall about 10 minutes later. Elio gently held my hand and guided me down the stairs while Leonardo had a protective grip around my waist.

I've always tried to be tough but around my brothers I felt I was allowed to be my weak fragile self.

I couldn't remember my way to the dining hall, there was so many staircases and random turns. I almost gasped in amazement when I saw it though. The golden tapestries were alligned perfectly on the wall, there were butlers in every corner of the room. The table was huge and well set, about a mountain of food laid perfectly on silver platters. I don't think i've even eaten that much food in my whole life.

It was obvious there was a seeting arrangment.
Father sat on the far edge of the table with a butler by his side.

On his left sat Lorenzo and Elio who had quickly made his way onto his seat along with Leonardo who sat opposite him. Next to leonardo was Matteo and Enzo, seated beside them was Francesa and an empty seat which she was tapping for me to sit down on.

I nervously walked over to the large wooden seat, a maid quickly rushed over to pull it out for me. I tried my best to give her a quick smile before I sat down.

My plate was already piled with food, I felt all the eyes in the room glued on me.
I felt Francesa lay her hand on ny thigh as if she was telling me it's alright.

I smiled at her and picked up my fork, my shakey hand causing the fork to quiver as I picked up a tiny slice of meat from my plate and placed it on my tongue.

I hated it. I hated the feeling of food soaking in your mouth. The way it made my tummy bloat after. I would always get hit by my stepfather for being too fat. I've gotten so used to not eating that i've forgotten how to swallow.

Immediately I started coughing into my elbow and spat out the meat into a tissue. I felt their concerned glares across the room. Enzo and Elio immediately jumped out of their chairs and ran over to me.

I felt one of them place a hand on my shoulder and the other lightly pat my back. Francesa handed me a brimmed glass of water with sharp ice cubes.

"It's alright sorellina. We've got you." Enzo whispered into my ear.

"Return to your seats boys." Father demanded

As they returned I looked up to see Lorenzo giving me a concerned glare opposite me.

"Did you not like the food principessa? What would you like?" Father asked, placing down his fork on the edge of his plate.

"No it was lovely I just choked a little, sorry." I lied, wiping my mouth with the tissue and picking up my fork again. I took a deep breath in.
Their eyes were still on me.

Lorenzo Russo:

Her hand was immensely quivering as she picked up her fork. She spat it out right after. She either had a problem with eating or a problem with people watching her eat. As she picked it up again I decided to take my eyes off her to ease the tension, I whispered to Elio sitting beside me to do the same.

Anastasia Russo:

I managed to swallow down 2 pieces of broccoli, however my plate was still filled from each corner, I felt the anxious tears brimming in my eyes.

"Father, when will Anastasia join me Francesa and Enzo in school?" Matteo spoke, the rooms attention went to me again.

"A weeks time. Is that okay with you principessa?" Father asked, everyone looked to my direction.

School. I recall going to elementary school and then a bit of middle school, but I was forbidden to leave the house when I hit 13. My stepfather said i'd become too pretty and distracting for the boys at school.

I stopped fiddling with the food in my plate and placed my fork down.

"I haven't been to school in a while.." I answered.

"How old were you when you last went principessa?" Father asked

"13. I remember that much. Am I too far behind to go back?"

I looked up from my plate and took in everyones shocked faces, even the guards looked a little on edge. Everyone except father, he was giving me a warm smile.

"You'll be fine my love. In this school you'll get the finest education in the globe."

I smiled at him. To think all this time i've had this caring father I haven't even thought about.

Vincent Russo:

Since she was 13 she hadn't attended a single class. My other children were living wealthy privileged lives under my roof and care while my youngest daughter was suffering alone. I felt my blood boil towards the people who did this to her. I almost couldn't contain the rage building up inside of me. I had to clench my fists and remind myself my family was watching.

I smiled at her. It eased her tension and that was enough to cool me down.

Anastasia Russo:

About half an hour had passed, everyones plates were clear accept mine. Nearly everyone had shot me worried looks throughout dinner but mainly Lorenzo and Leonardo. It's like they couldn't keep their eyes off me.

I fiddled with my food once more when father spoke,

"All of you escort your sorellina to the theatre room. I'll order some Mcdonalds." He stood up and wiped off his face with a napkin.

"Seriously?! WE GET TO EAT FAST FOOD?" Matteo screamed jumping up from his chair.
Enzo and Elio joined him, all three of them jumping up and down, fistbumping and giving eachother high fives.

Me, Francesa, Leonardo and Lorenzo sat and stared at them as they jumped around like children.

Father shot them an angry look.

"Elio sit down you're supposed to be setting a good example idiot." Lorenzo spat, giving the trio a dirty look.

"You guys are such children," Francesa laughed

I giggled along with her, father stopped his angry glare as soon as he saw the smile on my face. So did Lorenzo.

Vincent Russo:

Hearing my daughters laughter for the first time. It felt different, surreal. All i've wanted to hear since the moment I saw her blue baby eyes was to hear her laughter. I let the boys off with acting like children, as long as it made my principessa happy.