003

Elio Russo:

I walked into the living quaters where everyone was seated. I overheard conversation mentioning Anastasia's name as I cane in.

Father stopped talking and looked at me, the rest of my family turned to face me.

"Well? Did she not like the room? Why do you look so nervous?" Father asked, crossing his arms.

"No, uh, it's not that. She liked the room it's just.."

"Say it already." Grunted Lorenzo, flinging his head back on the sofa.

"She hasn't eaten. Since Sunday." I muttered, but everyone heard me by the concerned looks on their faces.

"Wednesday?" Father repeated. His face had gone pale which is odd because father isn't the type of man to let his guard down.

"How is she still standing? Why didn't she say anything?!" Matteo screamed

I looked around the room. Francesa had immediately paused when she heard the news, she look concerned, scared almost.

Leonardo's face was blank, but it was easy to tell he was disturbed.

Father broke the silence by roughly ordering one of the poor maids to make sure dinner was in 20 minutes rather than at 9 like usual. The maid almost ran back to the kitchen to give the news to the chefs.

"Leonardo, Enzo. I want you two to go check on your sister. Francesa, Matteo, Elio and Lorenzo come with me." Father demanded, leaving the room with heavy stomps. No one had time to object, I followed father nervously.

—-

Anastasia Russo:

I lay on my untouched bed. Almost sinked into the silky sheets. I was submerging in my thoughts when suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in,"I said, jolting myself upright in the bed.

The doorknob twisted and Enzo walked in, followed by Leonardo. I was impressed with myself for learning their names.

"Hey sorellia. Dinners in less than half an hour.. you must be hungry so sorry to keep you waiting." Enzo says, coming over to sit down next to me. He placed an arm round me and gave me a little cuddle.

"I'm not that hungry," I whispered, placing my hand on his chest and relaxing into the cuddle. I closed my eyes. All I wanted to fall asleep and forget this past week had really happened.

"Who hurt you?" His tone was serious and dark. I looked up to see Leonardo standing over me, his eyes stuck on my bruises. Enzo gave him an angry look.

That question reminded me of everything all over again.

"Ignore that.. you don't have to answer." Said Enzo comfortingly.

I covered my arm feeling insecure, and was shocked when Leonardo pulled my hand off my arm and kissed the purplish dark bruises softly. Enzo wasn't mad, neither was I.

He sat down and stole the cuddle from Enzo, locking me in his arms and hugging me tightly. Leonardo was the last person I excpected to be affectionate, but I wasn't complaining.

"I fucking kill him," He whispered

"Already did," I replied.

They laughed, but it wasn't a joke. I've felt this shadow of despair ever since that night. In that moudly old room. When I stabbed my abuser to death.