013

Anastasia Russo:

I awoke to a soft bed, blankets hauled over me.
Francesa was sitting beside me, gently stroking hair behind my ear.

"Francesa." I murmured, forcing myself in an upright position. "What happened? Is Leonardo okay? What about Enzo and Matteo? Where are they?"  The questions poured out one by one, I couldn't control my confusion in the moment.

"Relax sorellina. Father and Lorenzo are sorting everything out. Elio left me here with you to watch over. Everyone is okay," She said calmly.

"I have one more question." I spoke. She remained silent. "Who was that boy? The one who called father by his first name?"

Her face went blank and her expression was incredibly hard to read. "Anastasia.." She began.

"Tell me Francesa. Who is he?" I pleaded, eager for what she was about to say.

"Dante Rodrigez is the oldest son of the Rodrigez family. He's only a year older than me and Enzo but don't let that decieve you. Dante has killed and he will kill again, that's why he's feared." She continued, the words were spilling out of my mouth, my jaw dropped in shock.

Killed? Murder? I know i'm no better but could he get away with that?

"The Rodrigez family is another powerful family in our community. They are our equals. Father knows Dante well. I believe he's even trained him, that's why he calls him by his first name."

She watched me in anticipation as I soaked all this fresh information in.

"I've told you far too much. We won't speak about this conversation okay?" She asked in a begging tone. I silently nodded my head and had to bite on my own lip to stop myself from asking another question.

Suddenly, the door slid open. Father stood. His expression was filled with anger. His sleeves were rolled, I noticed his knuckles were slightly red and covered in another mans blood. Who did he fight?

He ran over to the bed and wrapped a protective arm around me. Francesa took a step back.

"Where did that man touch you principessa?" He asked in a cold yet relaxed voice.

"Father i'm fine." I tried to laugh. "Just my arm. Nowhere else."

"Don't lie to me." He said, furrowing his brows at me. I shivered. I've never seen him so angry, especially not at me.

"And on my face. But gently. I'm fine." I tried to keep my voice stable but I couldn't help but tremble.

"Daddy. Are we no longer at peace with the Rodrigez family?" Francesa asked, stepping forward.

"We won't discuss this infront of her." Father said as his body relaxed and his grip around me loosened. I felt myself drifting into a slumber as I was carried out the room.

——-

new character;