016

Anastasia Russo;

I settled on a white crop top and baggy jeans. I promised myself i'd attend at least one lesson today, no matter how scared I feel.

We sat around the dining table eating breakfast. I had my usual fruit but could barely finish two bites because of how nervous I was.

Elio then drove me, Matteo, Francesa and Enzo to school. I sat next to Matteo and Enzo in the car. Matteo made me feel a bit less nervous with his stupid jokes and teases.

Once we arrived the pit in my stomach felt giant, I almost tripped as Elio helped me out of the car.

"Enzo you better take care of her." Elio said to him while I dusted off my shirt. Enzo rolled his eyes at Elio as if he was telling him something he already knew.

"Oh shut up Elio! I'm taking care of her. Personally, I think i'm better at combat than Enzo."  Laughed Francesa as she pulled me towards her chest.

Enzo scoffed and gave her an annoyed look, we didn't even notice the girl rushing towards him until she wrapped him in a tight squeeze, everyone was staring. Her blonde hair was blocking the view of her face until she turned around. It was Olivia from the mall.

I knew I didn't like her but maybe i'd have to give her a chance for everyone else's sake.

"Hey babe!" She said to Enzo as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He smiled but didn't seem to interested to say the least.

She turned to us and gave another annoying smile. At that point Elio kissed me goodbye and left, I could tell he didn't want to waste his time on this.

"Francesa! You still haven't replied to my texts silly." She laughed as she playfully shoved Francesa's shoulder.

"And Matteo! Looking as cheeky as always. What trouble are you up to today?" She asked, Matteo looked annoyed and angry.

"Stop talking to me like i'm 9 blondie. Enzo here is a year older than me but we all know I could beat him in a fight." Matteo said with a cheeky grin. I smiled at him not being afraid to say what he's thinking.

"I'll kill you kiddo," Laughed Enzo as he intimidatingly stepped towards Matteo.

"Enough guys! Which one of you is going to take Anastasia to her class?" Francesa interrupted, pushing the two apart. Olivia gave me a weird look then wrapped herself around Enzo's arm protectively, like she was telling me he was hers.

"Enzo's obviously too busy with blondie so i'll take her." Said Matteo as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me towards him.

"Shut up for once Matteo. I'll see you at lunch sorellina," Said Enzo as he rushed to give me a kiss while Matteo was pulling me away.

—-

Matteo walked me up a few stares and down a few corridors. Everyone was staring, just like last time. My heart was beating rapidly but I managed to calm myself down with breathing techniques and Matteo squeezing my hand.

We stopped outside my classroom door. I refused to run away again. I shoved it open. Inside sat a few familar faces, people i'd seen at that business dinner. I also saw him. Dante.

He had his blonde hair slicked back, his sleeves carelessly rolled and his half unbuttoned silky white shirt barely covered anything. He seemed popular, the class was mostly crowded round him. Next to him was a girl with cinnamon hair and brownish eyes. She looked sweet and kind.

When she noticed Matteo she parted the crowd and rushed towards us.

"There's my favourite Russo!" She exclaimed as she ran towards Matteo, the crowd silenced and began watching us.

She wrapped his arms around him, he smiled and kissed her cheek. Were they dating too?

As she departed from him she began to notice me in the corner. "Is this really her?" She asked indirectly.

I hid my arms, immediately feeling insecure of my bruises again.

Matteo nodded his head.

"Anastasia! I've waited so long to meet you. I'm Naomi Hart. A family friend of the Russo's. If you have any questions ask me." She said warmly as she wrapped me in a hug. I stopped hiding my arms and immediately felt comfortable with her.

"Look after her yeah? I'll pick you up after class sorellina." Matteo said as he kissed my forehead and left.

I felt nervous now that he was gone.

Naomi guided me to a seat near the swarm of girls and sat down next to me.

"Is she a baby or something? Why does she need to be dropped off and picked up from classes?" I heard one girl whisper. My face flushed red as I awkwardly adjusted to my seat.

I looked at Dante who had his eyes fixed on me. I hadn't seen him since that night.

"Anastasia." He began talking as he stood up from his seat and strided towards me.

Everyone began looking, God why can't he leave me alone?

"Allow me to show you around after class. I'm sure your little bodyguard brothers won't mind if you tell them it's me." Dante said in his intimidating voice as he leaned over my desk.

Naomi gave him an annoyed look. "Dante. She's a Russo. It wouldn't be wise to start something with her."

"Who said i'm starting something sorrelina? I'm sinply offering to show her around. It would be rude to decline such a nice offer wouldn't it Anastasia?" He asked, looking me straight in the eye. So Naomi was Dante's little sister.

I remembered what Francesa said about him.

He killed and he will kill again.

I accepted my defeat and nodded out of fear. He gave a proud smile and stepped away, everyone stopped staring and returned to their seats as the class started.