023

Anastasia Russo:

Naomi, Abby and I were sitting in Abby's room trying to find something for me to wear. Enzo drove us here, he wouldn't allow me to take public transport so we ended up stuck in traffic for half an hour, but Abby and Noami used that time to make a shared Pinterest board on possible dress options. Naomi told Enzo that she'd drive me home at 6, but he has no clue she doesn't own a driving licence. The plan is to call at 6:15 and claim we're stuck in traffic while we're actually in an uber on our way to Naomi's mansion for the party at 7.

It should work, right?

"Fuck there's nothing good enough. This is your first party and you need to stand out." Abby said in huffs while rummaging through her wardrobe and tossing dresses probably worth thousands of dollars onto the ground.
"Calm down Abs. I had a clue we weren't gonna find anything that screams Anastasia here," Naomi said teasingly as she pulled out a short silky green dress from her bag.

"This is the perfect silky emerald green mini dress. Suits every occasion, so I bring it with me everywhere. Dior, by the way," She added with a grin while displaying the dress to me. Abby smiled and nodded her head in approval then they both turned to me for my thoughts.

I looked at the dress, eyes widened. Gosh, it was pretty, but Abby and Naomi are fucking insane if they think I can wear a dress that short infront of my brothers.
On the other hand, the thought of pissing them off intrigued me.

I nodded and smiled, "I love it." I said as Naomi cheekily tossed me the dress.

---

We were sitting in the back of a low-key sketchy uber, Naomi and Abby stared at my phone anxiously as Enzo's number dialed. If he didn't buy our lie, we were done for.

The phone picked up a few seconds later.

"Ana?" The voice spoke, but it wasn't Enzo's.

"Lorenzo." Naomi whispered as I quickly muted the mic, we were screwed. Our cheap story might be something Enzo would buy. But Lorenzo? He'd probably insist on my location and picking me up himself.

"What the fuck do I say? Should I stick with the story?" I asked frantically, Abby and Naomi had no time to reply before Lorenzo started getting concerned at my muting.

"Why did you mute? Ana? Hello?"

I took a deep breath and tapped the button to unmute myself.

"Oh sorry I must've hit the button by accident.." I began lying.

"What's up? Are your friends there? Let me speak to Naomi." He demanded, I gave Naomi a worried look and passed the phone to her.

She gave me a relaxed smile in return. Something was telling me Naomi has experience with this.

"Lorenzo!! What's up? You sound different, been hitting the gym lately?" Naomi spoke while Abby and I tried to contain our laughter.

"Stop fucking around Naomi. You're driving her home, correct?" Lorenzo asked sternly.

"Yeah, we're on the road right now- tad bit of traffic though. Seems like an unexpected road block, car broke down or something. We might be an extra 20 minutes but don't get all worried, we're with bodyguards," She said calmly, it was nice to know we have a good liar in the group.

"I'd come pick her up but you know about tonight." He replied. "Just make sure she gets home before 7."

"Will do, see you later buddy!" She said before hanging up the phone, not giving Lorenzo a chance to reply.

"That's how it's done," She smirked before handing the phone back to me, Abby let out a hysterical laugh.

--
At 7:01 the uber stopped infront of Naomi's villa. The familar surrounding and memories of Dante gave me shivers, but I shook them off and excitedly stepped out of the vehicle.