Chapter 9

On the way to work, Noah points to the cookies on my lap and says, "Oooo, what are those?"

I look down at my lap and reply, "Um, they're cookies."

"Can I have one?"

"Umm..."

"They were just really good last time I had them."

I mean, these are for Adrien, but I can't say no now.

I open up the container and put them out for him to grab one.

He takes on and takes a big bite.

"MMMMMMMM, these are literally heaven sent." He exaggerates.

"I know right?" I laugh, looking down at the cookies.

Why is it that I feel guilty from hiding the fact that Adrien wasn't who I think he was from Noah. But I have to hide it. But... Why?

"We're here!" He says, his mouth full of chocolate and dough.

"You can just drop me off!" I say quickly.

"What no! I wanna go in, see your store." He said unbuckling his seatbelt.

I started to get nervous, what if Adrien sees me with Noah, what if Noah fights Adrien. Too many bad things can happen and I need to stop it.

Just then he gets a call.

He pulls his phone out and looks at the contact name and answers the call.

"Mike, I swear to God, you better not be calling me to tell me I need to come back." He says exasperatedly.

I faintly hear on the other line, "Dude, it's an emergency, Rodriguez and Enrico are fighting, there's blood bro."

"Fuck, I'll be right there." He ends the call and looks to me and says, "Hey, sorry, I have to go, these two fuckers are fighting. I'll be here later to pick you up. Just call me alright."

"Aww okay, I will." I try to act as sad as I can when I'm really just relieved.

I close the door, and I see him zoom away. I make my way to the entrance of the door and I glance at my watch, I still have five minutes until I need to clock in.

I make my way to the break room and when I open the door a pair of blue eyes meet mine. Adrien was on his phone in the break room, waiting for it to become 3:00 PM I guess.

He quickly stands and says, "Carmina. Hi."

"Hi, I um, brought you these," I extend out my hand in which the cookies are located.

He hesitates and puts his hands up defensively while sucking in air through his teeth and says, "Oooo, I only take cookies when they contain a little bit of love in them."

I cover my face and laugh.

"Trust me, there's plenty!" I say shoving the container into his abdomen.

He pretends to get hurt and laughs. He opens the container and takes a bite out of one of the cookies. His eyes light up in delight.

"Dude, these are so much fucking better than I could have ever made them." He reasons.

"Stop. You literally made the recipe."

"I'm not even fucking kidding. These... all mine." he said, pointing at the cookies.

I laugh at him and clock in. He follows my lead and clocks in right after me.

He puts the container in one of the lockers that Edward's provides for us to store our stuff in, he then grabs my lunch and places it with the cookies.

"I can get my own locker, you know." I say looking up at him.

He shuts the locker and says, "That IS your locker, OUR locker." Motioning to the both of us.

The fact that he was making decisions for me was making my stomach do cartwheels. I don't know what was happening to me. Do I like Adrien too? No, what am I talking about, I can't like Adrien AND Noah at the same time, besides Adrien sees me as a friend.

I'm so fucking desperate.

We both made our way out of the break room and went to the same register. We were working for hours together, we even had the same lunch break. We spent almost the entire day together. Working with him just felt like we were hanging out and time went by quickly.

We were both in the break room waiting for the time that we can clock out.

"Today went by quick," Adrien said, smoothing his hair with his hands.

His hands were large, his fingers were slender and long. His hands were insanely attractive.

"It really did, it was fun though." I shrugged

He nodded in agreement and went to punch out, I stood right behind him waiting to punch out too.

"Are you driving home?" He asked, while we were walking out of the break room and out of the store.

I shook my head, "Nope, I'm getting picked up."

"Oh, I'll uhh, wait with you. It's late out, it's dangerous and stuff." He said, waving the container of cookies around.

Fuck, Noah CANNOT see Adrien waiting with me.

"Fine, but only for a bit, I don't want you to wait long..." I reason.

He nodded and puts his hands up in defeat, "Fair enough."

We sit on the ledge of the pavement, I pull out my phone to call Noah and Adrien opens the container of cookies once again, making me giggle.

My phone rings a couple of time until Noah finally picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I just got off, you can come pick me up now."

"OH SHIT! Um, fuck, I dropped you off today..."

"Yeah, you did." I laugh awkwardly.

Adrien offers me a cookie, I smile and shake my head, politely declining, he shrugs and continues to happily munch on the cookies.

All of a sudden, I hear a feminine and unfamiliar voice, "Noahhhhh, come hereeee, put down the phone."

"What? Noah, hello? Who is that?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows together.

"No one Carmina, um, I can't pick you up... Get an Uber and I'll pay for it alright, hey I have to go. I'll talk to y-"

I've never ended a fucking call faster.

I place my phone down next to me on the pavement and cover my face.

I bet that was Rebecca.

"Hey, you alright?" Adrien asks, sounding concerned.

"Yeah, I'm, ha, I'm fine."

"Is your ride not coming?" He asks.

"Yeah, he said he forgot, I need to get an Uber." I said, picking my phone back up and clicked the Uber app.

"Umm, what if... what if I take you home?" Adrien suggests.

I look at him, he has a little smudge of chocolate on the corner of his mouth which makes me giggle.

I quickly use my thumb to wipe it away.

I look back down at the floor and say, "No, it's okay, you don't have to do that. I don't want to impose."

"No, come on! I don't trust Ubers." he reasons, his cheeks were tinted with a light shade of pink.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm positive." He replies confidently.