Chapter 29

Adrien and I had finished our first and hopefully what isn't our last horror movie.

I sat up from my current position and turned off the TV.

I looked at Adrien and gave him a quick and shy smile.

"Ready to set it up?" He asked, sitting up as well.

"Umm, yeah..." I hesitated.

"But um, before we do that... I want to talk to you about something." I added, placing the remote down onto the coffee table to show that it was important.

Adrien's adams apple bobbed, "Yeah, of course, you can talk to me about anything Mina." He replied, turning to fully face me.

"It's... I..." My voice was shaky as I thought about the words.

Adrien scooted closer to me and grabbed both of my hands and held them in his.

"What is it?" He asked, concern swimming in his eyes.

"I... I have a boyfriend..." I abruptly said, not thinking about what the fuck I just did, I quickly shut my eyes as I didn't want to see his reaction.

Dead silence swam through the air. I feel my hands suddenly drop and they feel cold and empty.

I open my eyes to see Adrien's smile gone, he's sitting in front of me with his hands on each side of him, like he doesn't know what to do with them.

"O-oh..." He finally said, breaking the silence.

"Adrien... I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you tonight, I want to tell you everything. Please just hear me out." I quickly tried to explain myself.

Adrien gulped hard and sarcastically shuckled while leaning back into the couch and letting his head fall back.

"Adrien... While I was seeing you, I guess you could say that I was seeing him too... I honestly don't even really know myself... But... All I know is that I had feelings for both of you and I didn't know who to choose and I... I can never ever feel good about what I did... And... I really am sorry... I-"

"Who? Who's the guy?" He demanded, cutting me off mid sentence.

I looked into his eyes and they were dark, they were no longer the same kind, Adrien eye's that I was familiar with.

They were angry, they were dark, they were...

Hurt...

"Um... The guy at... The grocery store..." I shamelessly admitted.

Adrien scoffed, "That prick?"

"Adrien, I understand that you're angry..." 

"You understand? I hope you do Carmina..." He got up from the sofa and made his way for my door.

I quickly got up and went after him, grabbing ahold of his arm.

He turns to look at me, his face scrunched up in betrayal.

"Adrien... Please, I want to stay friends with you... You mean so much to me." I explained, feeling warm tears flood my face, I didn't realize but I was a wailing mess, my heart was aching and my hands were trembling.

"Carmina please," He pleaded, bringing his hand up to wipe the tears off my face.

"Don't make this harder than it already is..." He added, looking into my desperate eyes.

He carefully moved my hand off of his arm, I quickly made my way to the PS5 before he could make it out of the door, hoping that I could pull some of his heart strings.

"At least take this back... Adrien, I can't accept this... I feel so fucking bad- Please... I don't want you to leave me." My voice broke with every possible syllable.

This was the hardest thing that I've ever had to do...

Watch Adrien walk out of my life.

"Then you should have thought about that before you decided to date both of us..." He concluded, gently closing the door behind him.

I was left there, kneeling on the ground with the fucking PS5 that we were suppoused to be enjoying together, at least as friends.

I knew every possible outcome, one of them being this one...

If I knew what was coming...

Why does it feel like my heart was ripped out of my chest and shattered into a million tiny pieces?

I grabbed my phone wanting to call Adrien multiple times, wanting to explain all the ways I would make it up to him.

Until I saw all of his messages.

Noah: How was work?

Noah: Did you get home okay?

Noah: I couldn't stop thinking about you all day today.

I slightly smiled at his message and carefully wiped all the hot tears that were streaming down my face.

Until I read his next message.

Noah: Do you have work tomorrow?

My heart sank...

Yes. I do have work tomorrow.

But my brain quickly formed an idea.

I could possibly make it up to Adrien tomorrow if he has work.

I could bring him his cookies as an apology! It'll work out... Or at least I hope they will.

Me: Yeah I have work tomorrow.

Noah: Did grocery boy see what I did to you last night?

I rolled my eyes at him.

Me: He didn't come to work today.

I lied.

Noah: I guess that's good, he didn't even get the pleasure to see you. ;)

I felt my blood boil as he put dirt on Adrien's name, he already had me, what else did he want?

I didn't feel like responding to him anymore so I turned off my phone.

I cleaned up the living room and sulked my way over to my bedroom.

I plopped myself onto the bed and drowned my face into my pillow.

It's okay, we'll be okay, you and Adrien will be okay.