Chapter 33

At work Adrien was still a no show.

But I chose not to care because... I don't care.

All I was thinking about during work was the fact that I would be going to a formal event with Noah.

I had already filled Melanie in with everything and she told me that she 100% respects, understands, and supports my decision. But she's my best friend... of course she would say that.

My shift was finally over and I couldn't wait to clock out. It would only be a couple more hours until Noah would pick me up after I got home.

————---------------------—————--------

Once I parked in front of my apartment building I breathed a sigh of relief.

I was finally home, all I could think about was getting to have some fun at this so-called, 'ball' thing that Noah invited me to.

I grabbed all my things from the car and went up to my apartment, once I got inside I glanced at the clock, it was 5 p.m.

I squealed in delight and quickly hopped into the shower.

Once I got out I quickly went over to the dress that was enclosed in my closet and took it out, I carefully laid it out on the bed getting ready to transport it from my house to Noah's.

I turned back to my closet and threw on a random pair of shorts and a tank top to wear since I would be changing soon anyways.

I looked back at the dress and sighed, it was perfect.

I went over to my vanity mirror and grabbed whatever makeup I thought I would be needing and threw it into my travel-makeup bag.

I rushed over to the kitchen to grab a ziplock bag so I could stuff some bobby pins and hair clips into it, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my hair and I decided that I would just figure it out once I got to Noah's place.

I ran back to my room and stuffed the plastic bag with anything that I saw, I was giddy with excitement.

All of a sudden my phone started to ring, I looked at it and saw that it was Noah, I glanced at the alarm clock that was on my nightstand and...

Holy shit! It's already 6?

I grabbed my phone and answered.

"Hey! I'm downstairs... Ready whenever you are..." Noah chuckled.

"You are right on time... Very punctual... Give me a couple of minutes, I'll be right down!" I panicked, I felt like I was so unprepared, I felt like I wasn't bringing enough things.

I shook my thoughts away and grabbed my shit and ran out my front door.

I must have looked crazy because I ran past some other tenants that looked at me like I was on fire.

I busted through the glass doors and saw Noah waiting for me leaning on his car.

The moment he saw my arms overflowing with makeover things, he leaped into action and helped me out, grabbing the makeup bag and ziploc bag from me with ease.

"Jesus... Carmina... You do know that you're not the makeup committee for the party... right?" Noah asked me, half-joking half-not.

"Looking good takes time Noah... But it also takes a lot of expensive cosmetic items." I sighed.

He smiled at me and gave me a quick peck on my cheeks.

————---------------------—————--------

The entire way over to his place, I talked about how I didn't know what I would do to my hair or what I would do with my make-up.

While Noah politely listened and nodded trying to give me some insight.

I continued to babble about things that honestly didn't even matter to mask the fact that I was nervous. I was so nervous to meet the people that are important to Noah...

When my breath was suddenly taken away, I looked up through the window in awe as we drove by the building.

"Noah is that...?" I asked, my jaw on the floor of the car.

"Yeah... It is... But, relax, the whole building isn't mine." He chuckled.

My heart started to slow down, I felt overwhelmed just by the thought of Noah owning a building like that.

"So what floor do you live on?" I asked, looking around the area, he was pulling into one of those covered parking lots... Just proving how big the building was.

"I live... In the penthouse..." Noah revealed.

My eyes widened in shock and excitement, "The- penthouse...? I've never heard anyone say those words other than in a movie..." I nervously chuckled.

"Well, I love helping you experience new things." He laughed, grabbed my left hand and gave it a tender kiss.

I smiled at him, and when he lifted my hand, I caught a glimpse of my watch.

"Noah! It's 6:32! I'm not gonna get ready on time!" I screeched.

He threw his head back and laughed as he pulled into the parking space.

————---------------------—————--------

I smoothed my dress while looking at myself in the mirror...

I tilted my head to the side as I smiled at myself.

I felt so good...

This dress made it feel like I was a superwoman... That nothing could stop me...

"Carmina? Are you okay in there? You've been in there for... Way longer than a sane person would be in there for... We have to leave soon baby... I'm sure you look amazing." Noah called from outside the bathroom door.

~Noah's POV Start~

The door finally creaked open and...

Oh my god...

Carmina walked out of the bathroom door and sent shivers down my spine.

The dress... Fuck... that dress was fantastic.

Carmina was already beautiful, but the way she fixed herself up just added onto her beauty.

My jaw was on the floor and I felt my entire body go stiff. I didn't know what to do with my hands, I didn't know what to do with my eyes, I didn't know what to do with my heart.

It was beating out of my chest, I wanted to drop to my knees and just hug her...

"Well... Say something Noah..." Carmina nervously laughed.

I took careful steps towards her as if she was made of glass.

The dress looked perfect on her body, as if it was tailored to her size. The color complimented the color of her skin, making the dress look like it had 'Carmina' written all over it. Her hair was done up in a bun... But it wasn't a bun, it was longer... I don't know the term for it... But I just know that it was perfect.

I cupped her face with my hand and I felt her lean into it while looking into my eyes.

"You look... perfect... I've never seen anyone as beautiful as you, Carmina..." I confessed, breathlessly.

I could feel her cheeks heat up as I talked.

I couldn't resist touching her, I ran my fingers up and down her bare arms, causing her skin to form goosebumps...

I smirked at the sight.

"Don't get me wrong... You look amazing in this dress..."

I leaned forward just so that my mouth was right next to her left ear, "But I can't wait to see you without it..."

~End of Noah's POV~