Chapter 10

Adrien was driving me to my apartment. The mood was a little off because of what had happened with Noah. I really shouldn't be angry because it's not like we were dating or anything.

We got to the front of my apartment and Adrien parked in the street.

"So, um, who was your ride?" He said looking over at me.

"Um, a friend of mine." I replied, meeting his eyes.

He looked away and slowly nodded.

"Well, um were here..." he said, looking over at my apartment building.

He reached for the now empty cookie container and extended his hand out to me, "Here's your container back." he said.

My eyes widened in shock, "Oh wow, you finished them."

"They're really good... You really are good at anything that has to do with cooking Carmina. I can't wait till you get to open your restaurant..." I looks at me and gives me a shy smile.

How does he know about my restaurant?

"Adrien, how do you know about that?" I ask, confused.

"That's all you could talk about sophomore year." He smirked

"Oh." I blushed, not realizing how much I really talked about it.

"I don't want to take any more of your time, I had a lot of fun today at work... Do you work tomorrow?" He asked.

"No, I'm off. You?"

"Same."

I looked at the time and it was only like 8 PM. Then I did something I don't usually do...

"Do you, um, maybe, um, want to come inside for a bit." I asked.

Adrien suddenly became more attentive, he looked me in the eyes and swallowed, causing his Adam's apple to bob.

"Um, yeah, sure."

We get up to my apartment and I open the door.

He looks nervous, it's so sweet. It's like he's never even seen another person's apartment before, let alone a girls.

"Wow, it's really... nice. Very... clean."

"That's what three hours of cleaning gets you." I said emphasizing on the word 'hours'

He smiles. It makes me melt a little.

"I don't know about you but I'm STARVING. And I'm not gonna lie, I kinda want Alfredo." I said, making my way to the kitchen.

"OH YES! PLEASE, please, please make your Alfredo, I really tried making it the other day, it was not the same. You're like a fucking wizard." I laugh at his comment.

Adrien and I connect through food. We have this mutual understanding and love for it. It's what makes us perfect friends.

As I make the Alfredo, he leans against one side of the kitchen with his arms crossed, taking in every little detail, asking me questions about my technique. He was watching me in my element, with this amazed look on his face, like he's a kid in a candy store.

I put the pasta in the boiling water and look at Adrien and say, " You should be so grateful, I never, EVER let anyone watch me cook."

"I'm so fucking grateful." He responds, with his eyes focused on mine, with a gentle smile plastered on his gorgeous face.

Adrien inflates the chef in me. He made me blush with just four words. Trying to change the subject and calm myself down because I felt an inappropriate feeling form I say, "Your specialty has always been making pastries, would you do me the honor and create something delicious, chef?" I tease.

"That depends, chef. Let me take a look at your pantry and fridge." He chimes, walking towards my refrigerator.

He opens in, "Ahhh... Mmm... Okay... Alright.." He closes it and moves on to my pantry.

"Okay, I can make something, but you have to promise that you won't try to look. I want it to be a surprise."

"Okay okay I promise." I giggle, smiling from ear to ear.

We don't talk as much while we create our dishes.

Being here with Adrien, cooking with him was so fucking therapeutic. It was the most fun I'd had in a while. We were both having fun with each other but without each other. With the enjoyment of each other's presence but not interacting.

About twenty minutes later I turn around and say, "Okay I'm done, you?"

He turns around to meet my face and covers his creation with his lean body.

My kitchen isn't the biggest kitchen, this is probably the closest we've ever been. We're approximately two feet away from each other.

"Set the table, chef." He says in a sultry voice.

That was way too attractive than it should have been.

I grabbed out plates and brought them to the dinner table, he followed with his.

Once I placed our dishes I looked up and saw him, looking at me, but he quickly looked away. I quickly sat down and motioned for him to join me.

He bowed and took a seat. We laughed.

"You're so stupid." I joked.

"That's why we're friends." He winked, my jaw dropped.

We both burst out laughing.

He rubbed his hands together while looking at the Alfredo.

"Looks quite delicious, chef."

"Why thank you, chef. There's just a little bit of love in there."

He smiles, causing my stomach to do somersaults.

He picked up his fork and ate some of the pasta.

I looked at his face, waiting for a reaction.

He points to the pasta, covering his mouth and says, "This, this right here, is perfection."

I smile and look away, we both laugh in unison. Complimenting my cooking is definitely a way to get into my heart.

We eat and talk for a little bit, he compliments me a couple of times, making bold statements like, "This is the best fucking Alfredo I've ever had." or "I would eat this everyday and never get tired of it."

I felt drunk with laughter, but we hadn't even drunk anything.

Once we both finished out plates he looked at me and asked, "Are you ready for the desert, miss?" with one eyebrow raised.

I pretended to look like I was thinking and said, "Why yes, I think I am."

He pulled the covered dish closer to us. He dramatically counted to three using his fingers before uncovering the dish. When he finally uncovered them I saw that they were...

"Chocolate covered strawberries?" I looked up at him.

"And, some of them have sprinkles." He added.

I laughed, and he smiled at me.

Heart sprinkles... Why would he...? Oh, they're the only sprinkles I have left in the pantry, I hate using them because they remind me of Valentine's day too much.

I suck air through my teeth and complain, "I don't know, chef... Seems a little simple, no?"

He motions his hand up and down as if he's telling me to calm down, "I'm saving the complicated stuff for our real date, okay?"

I quickly met his eyes, "This is a date?"

"Do you want it to be?"

I quickly reach for a strawberry before I have to respond and take a bite.

"Good?" He asks, curious.

I nod and reach for another one.

Suddenly, my phone dings, I take it out. It was a message from Noah, I looked and I had a lot of missed calls and missed messages, I turned off my phone and placed it back in my pocket. Not even reading any of them.