Chapter 12

Me and Noah spent the whole day talking and laughing.

It was now 9:00 PM and Noah was still here.

We were just talking about everything that was going on, how he felt about the big fight coming up and how work was going.

"Carmina, I really want you to be there for the fight." He says, looking at me hopeful.

"I'll be there." I respond, smiling back.

"Holy shit, look at the time." He says, getting up quickly.

"Oh shit, yeah."

"I really don't want to leave." He complains.

"But I have to wake up early tomorrow to train." He says unamused.

I laugh at his disappointment, "Yeah, I have to wake up early 'cause I have work tomorrow."

He nods and makes his way to my door. He opens it and before he leaves he says, "I had a lot of fun today, Carmina." smiles, and walks out.

My gaze followed him out of the room. I was glad we were friends again, but I was more excited to see Adrien again at work. Everything is back to normal which is great. Exactly how I wanted.

I was going to text Melanie to tell her all the updates and my new stance with the whole Noah situation. It's really difficult to spend time with Melanie because she's a nurse and she's rarely ever not working.

I got ready to go to bed and headed for my room.

I hop in my bed and realize that I didn't do anything today, I just hung out with Noah in my apartment. I look at my bedside table and realize that I left my phone there for a whole day for once.

I grab it and send the updates to Melanie and send Adrien a text too.

Me: Hey, u working tmrw?

He responds almost instantaneously.

Adrien: Yeah, I'm guessing you are too :D

I smile at my phone

Me: Yeah see u tmrw :)

He loved my message.

I press my phone against my heart.

I think Melanie was right, I think I am developing a crush for Adrien...

The next morning I hop out of bed and start getting ready for work. I had an early day again, but seeing Adrien made it all the more better.

I garb everything I need and head out of the apartment and make my way to work.

When I got there I parked my car and headed for the entrance of the grocery store. Once I'm inside I make my way to the break room with a sweet and familiar face, it was Adrien.

"Hey!" He chimes, greeting me with a big smile.

"Hi!" I respond, flashing a smile back.

Just then I heard my phone ding, I pulled it out of my pocket, it was a message from Noah. I opened the notification.

Noah: See you soon ;)

Me: ???

I was so confused, but I had to work so I put my phone on silent and put it back in my pocket. Sometimes Noah just acts so weird. Like what was that text about? I stop thinking about it and turn my full attention back to Adrien. He was standing in front of the time clock. I line up behind him and wait for my turn.

Once he finished clocking in he moved away from the time clock and leaned against the table that is set up in the break room with his body facing me.

"So, how was your day off?" He asked, I could hear his smile.

"Ummm, it was fine, I actually just stayed home and talked to some of my friends."

I'm most definitely specifying which one.

"You?" I asked.

"Well, I stayed home for a couple of hours and then I went to the gym for a little bit and then I cooked some dinner." He responded.

Adrien had said something in particular that had caught my attention, he said that he goes to the gym. He's usually always wearing long sleeves to work, he rarely shows any skin. If he's hiding a six pack under there I think I might actually start crying.

"That's much more productive than I was." I laugh, while clocking in.

I finished clocking in and we walked out together into the main store. We found an empty register, he went behind the register and I went to the end of the lane to bag for him.

Adrien and I talked the entire time that we were working together. We were laughing and having fun the entire time.

A couple of hours go by of us working together and all of a sudden there's a man standing at the front of the lane. I can only see him in my peripheral vision. I don't mind him and continue talking with Adrien until his items arrive at the end of the conveyor belt.

Adrien turns to him and says, "How are you today?" then he looks down and scans a box of chocolates.

The man doesn't reply, I look up to him and ask, "Awww, what's the occasion?"

Holy shit. FUCK FUCK FUCK.

It was Noah, he was standing there, with a bouquet of flowers in his right hand.

My eyes widen, "N-N-Noah," I stutter.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, trying to divert his attention to me, he was sending a death stare to Adrien.

Adrien then chimes in, "Oh! You know him?" He smiles, looking at me.

Noah still stands there, not moving, like a beautiful statue.

I turn my attention back to him and reply, "Yeah, he's my-"

He then interrupts me, mid sentence, "Boyfriend. I'm Carmina's boyfriend."

I whip my head to look at him in shock. My mouth agape.

"O-oh, It's um, nice to meet you..." Adrien says, looking at me and Noah, his eyes shifting back and forth.

At that moment, Noah finally looked at me. And handed me the flowers and slid the chocolates over to me.

"These are for you," he said, pressing his lips together.

"What? I don't want them. Are you crazy, why would you say that!" I said, furrowing my eyebrows together.

I turn to look at Adrien, "He's not my boyfriend."

Adrien doesn't look convinced, he just silently nodded and smiled.

I told Noah to leave, and when he did, Adrien and I worked together.

Silently.