Chapter 18

After a couple of minutes, Adrien finally had the dinner set up the way he wanted it. I was trying to help but he kept getting angry at himself and saying that it was not proper for me to be helping when it should have already been set up even before I got there.

We were sitting down at the table and... I felt too far from him. I wanted to be closer, however I would keep my composure because this is a date and this is how Adrien wanted it.

Adrien had prepared filet mignon for us, which honestly baffled me, the plating looked so professional. He also prepared wine for us, even pouring it for me like a gentleman.

"Adrien- I honestly don't even don't know what to say other than 'wow'" I smile sheepishly while taking a sip of the wine.

He laughs, cutting his filet mignon, "Well, any of the ideas that you have right now, erase all of them, the way I got all of this money is stupid anyway. I'm definitely not some kind of secret mafia man alright."

I suspiciously raise my eyebrow at him, "That... Is exactly what a secret mafia man would say."

He laughs, which then forces a smile out of me.

He downs his glass of wine, which causes my eyes to widen.

"Okay, so remember the small robot that I built in high school? Scrappy?" He asks, wincing at his words.

"Yeah...?" I answer, confused.

"Well, I got heavily bullied for building him, but in my robotics club we had kind of a tournament... And there were some pretty powerful guys there that were trying to find the next best like robot-toy thing. Well, they ended up loving Scrappy, so they asked if they could buy the robot from me. Me being an absolute fucking nerd, I said no, then they told me how much they were willing to buy Scrappy off me... And I said yes."

"Wait..." I furrow my eyebrows together, "Oh! Is Scrappy that toy robot Chip?"

Adrien nods, pouring himself another cup of wine.

"Oh shit! That's why it was so familiar to me!" I laugh.

"I said yes, under one condition, for every unit sold, a percentage of the earnings go to me." He said, trying to hide his cute smile.

"You smart motherfucker..." I smile back at him.

We continue to talk and reminisce about our old high school days.

The night was going swell, we were both pretty high off of wine and laughs.

Although everything was amazing, I was still itching to get closer to him.

"Ahh, fuck it." I said, grabbing my wine glass and getting up from my seat.

Adrien looked at me in confusion, thinking that I was about to leave.

I made my way to a seat that was much closer to him and sat down.

Getting up from my seat finally made me aware of how drunk I was, I quickly glance at the bottle of wine on the table and saw that it actually doubled and one of them was empty while the other was half drunk.

I gulp and return my vision onto Adrien's perfect face.

Sitting so close to him overwhelmed my nose with his scent, he smelled of wine, clean laundry, and clean soap.

I was sitting so close to him that our knees were nearly touching, I won't lie and say that I didn't inch closer to him so that our knees WOULD touch.

Because I was so lost in my own thoughts, I didn't even realize that Adrien and I were inches away from each other's faces.