Chapter 37

"Tell me why I thought setting it up would have taken so much longer..." I told Adrien.

"I'm surprised you didn't set it up without me." He shrugged.

"I didn't want to touch the box... It felt like I was betraying you even more..." I explained.

Adrien tried to hide his smile but failed.

"Did I get you a game?" He asked me, looking around the couch for what would look like a game.

"Um... I don't think so..." I answered him, sitting on the couch criss-cross applesauce style while getting comfortable with the controller in my hand.

"Are you sure?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I mean there was nothing else in the big, brown box it came in." I shrugged.

"I can't believe I didn't get you a game." He scoffed.

"Oh it's fine, I don't have to play tonight..." I laughed.

"But this is the perfect time to play videogames, it's dark and quiet out. We're both in comfy clothes. We have snacks." He motioned to all the things that he mentioned.

"Hm, I guess you're right." I chimed.

"It's okay, just get a game from the Playstation Store." He added.

I pressed my lips into a line and looked down at the controller.

I decided to hand the controller to him because I had no idea what he was talking about.

He laughed as he took the controller from me, "This is the Playstation store."

I blushed in embarrassment, "Ah, okay, that's good to know.

Adrien smiled and shook his head.

His smile made me melt into my seat, I missed this, I missed... him...

I shook myself out of my thoughts and sat up, "So, what's a good beginner game?"

He continued to browse the shop, "Well, that depends, do you want a horror game? An action game? Like, what are you in the mood for?"

I looked around the room, "What game did you start with?" I asked.

"I honestly don't remember... Alright, I have an idea. What about this game..." Adrien smirked as he selected a pretty creepy looking game.

It was titled Resident Evil 2

"Is it about... zombies?" I asked, biting my lip slightly. The thought of playing a horror game as my first real game honestly kind of got my blood pumping.

"Yeah, it's a super cool franchise, I've played a couple of the other Resident Evil games... but I've yet to play this one. It'll be like we're experiencing it together for the first time..." he smiled at me sweetly.

I was wooed over with his words, so I agreed without even thinking for a second.

"O-okay... Whatever you think is best." I smiled back at him.

"Cool," He beamed at me.

—--------------------------------------------------

After we bought the game, I played for a couple of minutes. I was starting to get used to the controls.

"This isn't too bad... It's really fun!" I was genuinely having fun.

"Not too scary?" Adrien asked, stifling a chuckle.

"Oh no, it's terrifying..." I added.

Adrien laughed as he watched me play, "You're actually pretty good. I mean the aim could use some work... But other than that, you're doing a pretty good job..." He critiqued.