Chapter 11

The next morning I woke up with the biggest smile on my face. I kept remembering how me and Adrien were laughing so hard throughout the entire night. I covered my face with my blanket, rolled around and squealed.

Adrien was giving me the biggest heart palpitations.

He got home really late that night. He left my house at 11:00 PM. We didn't even realize how fast time was going until I looked at the clock. Last night was like a fever dream. I never wanted it to end.

I rolled over to my bedside table and grabbed my phone to check it.

I had multiple missed calls from Noah and text messages that I didn't want and wouldn't read. It wasn't the fact that there was another girl with him that was pissing me off, but it was the fact that, that girl had made him forget about me, someone he had to pick up from work because he chose to drop me off.

I don't know but it's like, get your priorities in order.

I decided to just forget about him because whenever I would think about him, negative thoughts would just pop up. I decided to text Adrien.

Me: Heyyy

He replies in an instant.

Adrien: WHOA

Adrien: HEY

Adrien: I was literally just about to text you

I laugh at his goofiness. He's so cute and dorky that it makes me laugh.

Me: Really? What about?

Adrien: No, you have to go first, why did you text me?

Me: Because I just wanted to text you, I didn't really have a specific reason.

Adrien: AWW

Me: Ok u gotta tell me why u were gonna text me

I blushed so hard. Texting him like this back and forth felt like a middle school relationship that was just getting its start.

His text bubble appeared and disappeared a couple of times. I anxiously waited for his response.

Adrien: Well, I just wanted to see if you wanted to go out with me, like, officially...?

I wanted to jump out of my window in happiness.

Adrien: Like, it doesn't have to be soon and stuff, like whenever yk?

Me: Yeah ofc :)

Adrien: Is that a yes?

Me: Yes!

I smiled behind my phone. I could feel my cheeks heat up. Adrien had just asked me out on a date.

Me: It's a date then, well, we don't have a date, but it will be a date

Adrien: I cant wait :D

Just as I put my phone down, I hear a knock coming from my door.

I look up from where I was tucked in my bed.

Huh, weird. Melanie's at work right now, I don't think I ordered any takeout... I wonder who that could be?

I get up from my bed and they knock again, more frantically this time.

"Coming!!" I yell towards the door.

I hurry to the door and open it.

I don't see a face, I just see a chest and I have to look up to meet their gaze.

I look up and find myself looking at Noah.

He was standing there with an apologetic smile on his face and two bags of frozen pizza rolls in each of his hands.

My smile droops as I look at the two bags of rolls in his hands.

"Do you think that everytime you bring me food, it'll just magically fix everything?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows together.

I start to close the door on his face when he stops and says, "No! Carmina, please, you have to let me explain." He pleads.

I'm not evil so I let him in.

He looks at me graciously, my mood and my face doesn't change.

"You don't have work today?" He asks, making his way into the kitchen, opening my freezer and storing the pizza rolls there.

"Yeah, I'm off today, so if you're here to pick me up and drop me off then proceed to forget about me and offer to buy me an Uber, your services aren't needed."

He closes his eyes and pinches the bridge of his nose, "Carmina, listen. I was... busy."

"Busy getting off? Yeah, I could hear what was going on in the background." I shoot back.

His face grows pale, "Carmina, is that what you thought that was? I promise, it wasn't like that. You have to hear me out." he pleads.

"Fine, but hurry, I have other things to do."

I really don't.

"Can we sit on the couch?"

I nod.

We made out way to the couch, he sat on one end and I sat on the other, choosing to be as far away from him as possible.

He sighs in defeat, yes he hurt me, but it was hurting me to see him like this. He's usually so self assured and confident, but now he was sad and defeated.

"Carmina, that night, when I forgot to come and pick you up, which I am so sorry about by the way, Rebecca, my ex,"

I roll my eyes.

"She came over unannounced... I just got out of the shower, so I was... You know. She was drunk and she was being persistent, I was telling her to leave and trying to shoo her out, but she just wouldn't leave. She was being touchy and it was very... uncomfortable. Then I got your call and she just wouldn't leave, I kind of had my hands full, she was starting to undress on my bed and I was trying to stop it. I'm really sorry, but nothing happened between me and her I promise." He reasons.

After hearing his side of the story I felt bad for him.

"Oh... I was just... hurt, I guess." I replied.

He nods in agreement, "I'm really sorry, I seriously didn't mean to hurt you... When you didn't respond to me either I started getting nervous and feeling really bad. I couldn't even focus on practice because I'm just thinking about how I hurt you..." He explains, his voice trailing off.

I look at him with pity in my eyes, "I'm sorry too, I should have let you explain... I forgive you, and I'm sorry for what she was trying to do to you."

I scoot closer to him and I lean my head on his shoulder.

"I'm glad we're friends again..." He says softly.

"Me too..." I respond smiling.