Chapter 16: Shopping with the Singhania's

"Oh the designs for the decorations look so beautiful; My Meera is going to look like a pari sitting on that stage!" Suman says as they walk towards the boutique. They had come to shop for everyone's clothes for the engagement, and Suman had managed to convince the Rao's to come as well. Suman wanted everyone present. 

Every. Single. Person. 

Everyone should be wearing brand-new clothes that she approves of for the son's engagement.

"Maa, what about bhai? He'll be sitting on that stage too." Aarav says as he wraps his arm around his mother.

"He'll look good too, but my Meera will look absolutely stunning!"

Priya and Rohan were back from their honeymoon and had joined everyone today as well, Shourya had booked the boutique for the whole day so his family could shop peacefully and have the attention of all the employees. As they waited for an employee, Shourya leans down to whisper something in Meera's ear.

"I've asked them to keep that lehenga and sherwani from your folder out for us to try."

Meera looked up at him, surprised. "Really?!"
"Of course, anything you want, remember?"

Rohan watched the interaction between the two as he guided in wife in, Priya never blushed like Meera, she would get giddy and attack him with hugs and kisses, but even that was usually when he got something for her. Sweet nothings never got such cute reactions from her.

"Welcome! Please come in!" The manager got everyone settled into the boutique, they were quite a large group.

"Shourya sir had called earlier, why don't I take the couple getting engaged to the side to pick out some outfits, and you guys can browse for yourselves." The manager took the couple upstairs to the bridal section.

The group dispersed as they looked around for themselves. Reema seemed to be on a mission to find her daughter-in-law the best dress in the entire boutique, whilst Suman was getting the Rao ladies to try on outfits. Muskaan found a light blue sharara, Anushka decided on a navy lehenga, and Suman chose a light pink silk saree for Rohini. Raj, on the other hand, chose kurtas for the Rao men. A cream-coloured one for Suraj and a navy one for Virat to match his wife. The Rao's didn't fuss too much about what was being selected. Since the Singhania's had insisted on paying, they didn't want to come across as ungrateful.

Priya had also come out, wearing a flashy, neon green lehenga. Reema was showing off her daughter-in-law as they heard footsteps coming down. It was Shourya, wearing the sherwani Meera had chosen, of course only he knew that. Once he got down he stood on the platform in the middle of the boutique. "Oh, that is stunning!" Suman says looking at the subtle gold embroidery on the velvet fabric.

And then there was another set of footsteps. They caught glances of the emerald, green skirt, with golden birds embroidered on the border of the skirt, as she got further down the stairs they could see a matching blouse that had a sweetheart neckline. Her chest was covered by the same coloured dupatta, it had golden tassels across the border and small golden motifs scattered across the dupatta. She finally reached the bottom where Suman guided her to stand next to Shourya.

"Oh my god! Mera bacha! So beautiful, you look like a princess." Suman says.

"Shourya bhai, please move off the platform, I want to get a picture of Bhabhi!"