Chapter 38: Blessed

It has been two months since their anniversary and things just keep getting better for the two. Their bond is stronger, they're closer and more comfortable with each other. Meera and Shourya fell in love with each other more and more every day. 

Today was Sunday, which meant the couple spent an extra hour in bed cuddling. However, this Sunday was special, because Meera had something to show Shourya. Something she couldn't wait for him to see. Meera gazed at her sleeping husband, aware of the storm she was about to bring into his life in a few minutes. She wriggles out of his hold and went into the wardrobe and takes out a small box with his surprise and opens it.

Gazing at the contents of the box it reminds her of yesterday when she herself was surprised.

Flashback:

Meera was sitting on the bed munching on her chocolate, waiting for Shourya to get home. She was getting bored so she pulled out her phone to text Muskaan when her eyes fell on the date. Meera scrunched her eyebrows, how? It should have come by now. She thought to herself. 

Meera opened her period tracker to see her last date, which was two months ago. She missed her period last month, she was overdue. This was normal for Meera, her periods were irregular. But Shourya would worry about this. Meera and Shourya had been discussing this for some time now and as a precaution Shourya had bought pregnancy tests for her since they were now sexually active. 

Without thinking much about it, Meera went to the bathroom, opened one of the tests and took it. The only reason she was doing that was that her big mouth would end up telling him she missed her period and he would scold her for not taking a test. 

Meera rolled her eyes at the thought of her husband and after 5 minutes went back to see the results. The results caused Meera to take a look again. She felt her hands go numb and her eyes water. She just couldn't believe it, so she took another and when it displayed the same answer she took another one.

.

.

.

.

.

Meera looked at three pregnancy tests with one hand covering her mouth and the other lightly caressing her tummy. She couldn't believe that all three pregnancy tests came back positive.

She was pregnant.

Pregnant.

With a baby.

Shourya and her baby.

Shourya. Meera thought of how happy he would be hearing this news. Meera shook her head and thought, how would I tell him?

I have to make it special for him! So definitely not today. Yes! Tomorrow I'll go shopping and buy some cute things and then show him. He'll be so happy. Babies is all he talks abiut these days.

Flashback over:

Meera walked out of the wardrobe, Shourya shuffling in his sleep before he settles off to the side facing towards the Meera's side of the bed.  Meera giggles and puts the gift box where she was lying. Suddenly she gets and idea and takes out her phone to take some pictures and a video of the soon to be father's reaction to show thier baby one day.