Chapter 40: Fears

"Meera, meri jaan, mein yahin hun. Tumhare paas. Kuch bhi nahi hone dunga tumhe."
(Meera, my love, I'm right here. With you. I won't let anything happen to you)

Shourya holds Meera's hand and puts on a brave face for his wife who was lying on the hospital bed as she waited for the doctor to come to check her infusions. Meera's last report had shown her iron was lower than required, which was why she had to come in and have to deal with needles and wires. 

Meera was terrified by all of this and she tried her best to keep her tears and whimpers at bay. Just as she was about to say something back their doctor and nurse walk in and get all the necessities ready. Shourya paid close attention to the information they were giving the couple and Meera was just staring at the needle getting prepared for her. 

"Mrs Singhania, is there anything else I can clarify for you? Anything we can do to make this easier for you?"

Meera looked at the doctor and in the softest voice ever she shyly made a request.

"Can my husband sit here on the bed with me? I'm scared and want him close."

Before waiting for a reply, Shourya made his way over and sat on the bed with his arm wrapped around her whilst the doctor shook his head.

"I'm sorry, but we need to have enough room around for all the vitals and wires."

Shourya glares at the man before moving closer to his wife. 

"Meri biwi mujhe aapne paas chachti hai. Tum kon hote ho mana krne wale? Mera pura haq banta hai ki mein aapni biwi aur aapne baachon ke paas rehne ka."

(My wife wants me close to her. Then who are you to say no? I have full right to be near my wife and kids.)

The glare Shourya shot the doctor's way was enough to let him know that he was going to have to deal with Shourya's holding his wife whilst she goes through this. The nurse gently walked towards them and tried to convince them again, but the huge teary doe eyes of Meera that screamed fear was all the confirmation Shourya needed to know that no one could get him to get up from there and leave his wife alone. 

"I said no."

The nurse worked around the couple as Shourya tried to settle the scared Meera. 

"Shourya, mujhe bohot daar lag raha hai! Dekhiye kitni saari needles hai!"

(Shourya, I'm feeling really really scared! Look how many needles there are!)

"Pata hai jaan, pr tum sirf yahan meri taraf dekho. Thik hai?"

(I know love, but you just stay focused on me. Okay?)

Meera nodded her head like a little child and clutched his arm as tight as she could. He peppered kisses on her head and her tightly shut eyes as she felt the need pierce through her soft skin. 

The nurse secured everything in place before turning to the couple, "the infusion will take at least 30 minutes, I'll be just here and the doctor will visit you at the end of the infusion."

Meera was tempted to look over but Shourya held her head in his chest preventing her from turning around. However, his eyes never left the place where the needle was attached to Meera's delicate skin. Noticing that Meera was still stiff and hadn't relaxed her muscles, Shourya tried to divert her mind.

"Meera jaan, it's okay. Bas 15 minute aur reh gaye hai. Aacha mujhe yeh batao, ki humare babies bohot jaaldi humare paas honge. Toh kuch naam soche hai?"

(Meera love, it's okay. We only have fifteen minutes left. Okay, tell me one thing, our babies will be here very soon. So have you thought of some names?)

That seemed to get Meera's attention and she gently relaxed into her husband's arms.

"Hmmmm, mein soch rahi thi ki boys huye Vihaan aur . . . .aur. . . . aur kuch aur bhi soch lenge. Aur agar girls huyi toh Meesha aur Shyla."

(Hmmmm, I was thinking if we have boys then Vihaan and . . . .and . . . . and we'll think of something. And if we have girls then Meesha and Shyla.)

Shourya smiled down at her realising that she was trying to be sly with the name Meesha.

"Meesha? Hmmm? Meera ka "Mee" aur Shourya se "sha"?"

(Meesha? Hmmmm? The "Mee" from Meera and "Sh" from Shourya?)

Meera giggles and hides her face further into her husband's chest. 

"Toh issme bhura kya hai? Aur aapki jo dussre naam bataye woh?"

(So, what is wrong with it? And what about the other names I told you?)

"Koi bhurai nahi hai! Aur baki naam bhi pyare hain, lekin abh toh mujhe ek beti toh chahiye hi, tak uska naam Meesha rakh sake hum."

(There is nothing wrong! And the other names are pretty too, but now I want a daughter so I can name her Meesha.)

Meera smiled up at her husband and just then the timer went off causing the couple to snap out of their dreamy conversation. The nurse was quick but gentle to remove all the needles and the doctor gave the couple their other reports before scheduling their next meeting. 

Shourya took Meera out for lunch before getting everyone else food to go. Shourya help Meera's hand throughout their journey home, caressing her belly every chance he got. And Meera found any possible way to get close to him. She just loved his smell these days, and now that she was on maternity leave, sometimes she would wear his t-shirt over her clothes just so she could feel him close.

"Aap bohot door hain. Mujhe aapki khooshboo nahi aa rahi."

(You're very far away from me. I can't smell you."

"Jaan, mein drive kr raha hun, ghar jakr, tumhe cuddle krunga tab jitni khooshboo leni hui le lena."

(Jaan, I'm driving, When we get home I'll give cuddles then you can smell me as much as you want.)

"Nahi, mujhe ahbi chahiye."

(No, I want it now.)

"Jaan!"

(Love!)

Meera pulled on his sleeve before leaving over to get a whiff of his cologne and just him and Shourya just had to find a way to manage his driving.

So guys! What did you guys think of this chapter?

We're getting close to the end. I only have 2 more chapters before the epilogue. 

Love you, guys!
Please vote, share and comment!
See you in the next update.