Chapter 10; Long Time, No See.

Vote and Comment! Constructive criticism is appreciated.

_____

"It is good to see ya, gaki!" Jiraiya announced.

"Ero-senin! Long time, neh?" Naruto asked, slightly teary.

There stood his sensei, in all his glory. His cheery face, followed by a few wrinkles now. His old and extremely sharp, pointed hair and his wide grin. Oh, how he missed this.

"The toads weren't very happy. Complaining about how you are always so problematic," Jiraiya said.

"What can I say? Runs in my blood you know," Naruto said, a cheeky grin present on his features.

"Any information on Akatsuki?" Naruto asked.

"Not yet, it seems that it will lay dormant for some time. However, I got a message for you from Tsuna-hime," Jiraiya said.

"Does she remember?" Naruto asked.

"She does. She was asking for her hat back,"

"Obachan? I thought she hated being the Hokage. Well, isn't that surprising," Naruto proceeded to Ichiraku, Jiraiya walking alongside him.

As they approached the stall, a little Ayame came into sight. 

"Welcome again, little one! The usual?" Teuchi asked. His eyes curiously scanned the stranger.

"Hai oji-san, the usual," Naruto responded cheerfully.

"Jiraiya, the famed Toad sage," Jiraiya introduced himself with a thumb pointing towards himself proudly.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you, sir," Teuchi said, bowing.

"The feeling is mutual," Jiraiya said, grinning good-naturedly.

"My miso ramen?" Naruto asked, slightly pouting.

"On its way," Teuchi responded smiling.

That evening was one of the best evenings he had in a while.