Chapter 20: Good to be Back.

Please vote and Comment! Constructive criticism is appreciated!

Drink water and stay hydrated!

Relax and keep reading forward.

_____________

Itachi didn't know how to feel.

This was about Shisui, he was told.

Then why were they going toward the hospital? Shouldn't they go to a graveyard or maybe Hokage's confidential document office or something?

Maybe the Hokage needs him to dispose of Shisui? But that posed the same question, why hospital?

There was no way they would've found his body in the big river that is Naka.

And it was already 22 days since that incident.

Maybe he was looking into it too much. Maybe they found the body Hokage wanted him to cremate Shisui. Or... he should stop.

The more possibilities he thought of, the more stupid this whole thing seemed.

There was still a shimmer of hope in his soul that Shisui might still be alive, but his pessimist self kept that thought in check.

He was a realist. He had to believe in reality. And the reality was that Shisui was most likely dead.

What if Hokage wanted him to take Shisui's eyes? But that would mean they found Shisui's body.

"Nii-san," Sasuke's voice shook him out of his train of thought and he realized where they were: a hospital room.

"He's in there," Sasuke said.

Itachi's head snapped in the direction of the room and tears filled his eyes.

This was real. Shisui was alive. He entered the room with practiced patience.

The sight made him catch his breath in his throat.

Shisui.

Shisui.

Shisui... was alive.

This reality was surprisingly hard to take in. It filled him with joy to the brim to see Shisui awake, alive.

After convincing himself that reality wasn't in his favor; this was really a lot to take in.

"Nii-san," Sasuke's voice sounded shocked, "you're crying," he finished his sentence in awe.

"Oh-uh, I apologize, please give me a minute," Itachi tried to make his voice sound normal. His voice sounded hoarse as if he hadn't talked in ages.

Sasuke's features softened and he gave a small smile, "It's okay to cry nii-san, expressing your emotions is healthy."

The constant beeping of the monitor, made him feel at peace. It was like there was an inner storm raging in his heart since Shisui had died and had finally been calmed.

"Thank you, Sasuke. For whatever you have done for this world; and me," Itachi smiled with tears in his eyes.

"Just returning the favor," Sasuke smiled. This was the brotherly bond he was hoping for. This was the older brother he wanted.

"This emotional talk is affecting me. Someone give me hugs," Naruto said and sighed dramatically.

"Hn, idiot," Sasuke rolled his eyes.

"Meanie," Naruto crossed his hands.

"Why are you two behaving like children?" Shisui's voice made the atmosphere surprisingly calm to be in.

"This is our mature behavior. Trust me when I say you don't want to know how we behaved as children," Naruto smirked.

"I will take your offer, thank you very much," he replied with just as much humor in his voice.

"Good call," Sasuke sighed comically.

Shisui's smile lit up Itachi's somber mood. It was really the first time he laughed as he cried, it felt good. 

It felt better than protecting yourself from unknown emotions.

"When you embrace your emotions, it makes them surprisingly easy to deal with," Shisui advised.

"I see, thank you," Itachi took the advice readily.

"It feels good to be back, doesn't it?" Shisui said to no one in particular.

"Yeah... it really does," this time it was Sasuke who answered.

"Yep, agreed," Naruto agreed, nodding his head up and down. With his small form, it looked extremely cute.

So cute that it made Shisui just try to pluck out his cheeks from pulling.

"ITAI!" 

___________

Thank you for reading!

Please don't forget to vote, thank you!