Chapter 26; Our Spy is Our Spy

Wow; I never thought anyone would read this story and here we are, chapter 26.

Thank you for reading this!

Also, please continue reading these; I'll be in your care!

Now, onto the story!

________

It had been three days since then. Naruto and Zetsu meet daily. And yes, Zetsu had revealed stuff about Akatsuki, because how harmful can a kid be?

"And then he said and I quote; 'Don't let it get you down, there are as many girls as the stars in the sky. Although stars are always out of reach," Zetsu commented looking proud of himself.

"Pffffffffft," Naruto laughed.

It was then that Zetsu felt a little flickering in his chakra—a calling.

"I must go, meet you tomorrow!" Zetsu said standing up and then merging with the earth.

Naruto stood up, a hint of a smile on his face due to his accomplished mission and a new friend.

"Sasuke!" Naruto called from the window in Sasuke's room.

Sasuke calmly looked at him with annoyed eyes, due to his reading being disturbed.

"I found out some stuff about Akatsuki." 

This got the interest of Sasuke. He put his book down.

"Akatsuki is making its move. It's main focus now is collecting the tailed beast. It has stopped collecting members."

"And it's because of our meddling?" 

"Yes. They are suspicious that someone is aware of their plans and is proceeding with the plan before that someone has a chance to prepare."

"Which happens to be us."

"Yes, and they are starting with the nine-tails because if I grow up and learn to control the powers, they won't have a chance."

"I see, so you're their first target?"

"Yeah, and Pain is coming to collect me."

"That is just marvelous!" Sasuke rolled his eyes. It seemed that they'd have to fight sooner than they had initially thought.

"And how do you know this?" Sasuke questioned.

"Well, I met Zetsu two weeks ago and from then I have been trying to get him to warm up to me, so he starts talking about the organization."

"So you made him our spy?" 

"Yes."

Sasuke gave Naruto a small smile of appreciation and resumed reading.

Naruto gave a cheeky one back.

And that's when Mikoto burst into the room, "Sasuke- Naruto-kun! Didn't see you there. When did you get here?"

"Oh, I just climbed through the window, sorry for the intrusion!" 

Mikoto assumed that it was one of his childish tactics and gave a small smile full of motherly love.

"I see, call me if you need anything."

The door closed behind Mikoto. 

_____

3 days before the current date.

"Akatsuki" A cloaked figure called. 9 projections formed around a circle almost instantaneously.

"Pain-sama," Zetsu, standing in the corner, calls.

After being met with silence, he continues, " There are two boys in the village of Konohagakure, age 6 years. Though they seemed to have gotten a power boost out of nowhere. Although, their level is far beneath an average jounin, from what I can see; they are more powerful than any six-year-old in history. That is the only strange thing I report from Konohagakure."

"Name?" Pain like to be careful, even if they were mere six years old.

"Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha," Zetsu proclaimed.

"Naruto: the nine-tailed jinchuriki and the Uchiha clan heir?" Pain posed, not as a question but as a statement.

"Yes, they could be of use to us," Zetsu said.

Another cloaked figure, among them spoke in a female voice, "Do you think they could be behind these sudden changes in the village?"

"There is only one way to know, send them an invitation to the Akatsuki. See how they react. If they accept, it'll be in our favor, if they don't, we'll know that either they of us and pulling the strings or they are nothing more than mere children."

"But what do we do if they accept?" Zetsu asked.

"We train them, the Uchiha with his sharingan and the Uzumaki with his tailed beast."

"What if they turn on us?"

"We are more than capable of burying them through the ground!" Another voice spoke, a scythe proudly stated on his shoulder.

"Dismissed."

All the projections disappear one by one, leaving an empty room.

____

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to vote!