Chapter 17; The Thin Line between Hate and Love.

Don't forget to vote and Comment. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

This chapter will be dedicated to Sasunaru, so those who don't like this may skip the chapter. This will also be extra long.

And for those who like, I am glad.

LET'S PROCEED.
____________

It was weird, very weird. For the past few weeks, Sasuke has been neglected.

Well, he wouldn't say neglected but purposefully avoided. 

Today was the day he found out why.

It was like it was every day. Sasuke had been up for half an hour last night; thinking about plausible reasons for why this could be happening, but none seemed convincing.

Then his mother forced him to go to sleep. He still doesn't know what kind of power his mother possesses. How did she even know he was awake?

Anyways, fast forward to the morning.

He finds Naruto in the bed. But yeah, that is normal because they slept in it together last night, right? So why was his heart beating so fast?

Naruto was facing the other side. 

Sasuke had all the time in the world to look at the blonde figure, or so he thought.

His mother barged in suddenly, ready to wake the boys up with the sound of banging the pans when she noticed. 

She stilled for a second, looked at the sleeping Naruto, and then looked at the pretending-to-sleep Sasuke; and nodded her head solemnly.

"Patience, Mikoto, patience," she said to herself, "the academy wouldn't mind if these guys missed one day, right?"

She carefully went out the door and closed it.

Sasuke wondered what it was about, but decided to keep his trap closed.

Mikoto SQUEALED.

She ran to Itachi's bedroom, where he was, predictably, asleep. After all, it WAS five in the morning.

Her inner fangirl knew there just couldn't be any other explanation!

Sasuke's focus went back to Naruto. He was purposefully avoiding him, why?

Why?

This annoying question roamed his head in circles and wouldn't get out! They had better things to do, damn it! 

He knew, all this was just a time waste.

But whatever he did, he couldn't bring himself to remove his eyes from Naruto and get ready for the academy which started in about an hour.

It was strangely comfortable.

Suddenly Naruto stirred and Sasuke went rigid. Had he woken up?

"Sa-k..."

Sasuke breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that Naruto hadn't woken up.

But, was he muttering in his dream? What was he muttering about?

'Was he having a dream about Sakura?'

Somehow, the question in his mind disappointed him greatly.

His body was so not in his control right now. All he wanted to do was snuggle Naruto to death. And that was weird because best friends don't do that.

He tried ignoring the half-name he heard. Naruto was dreaming about Sakura, so what?

It's not like Naruto didn't have a crush on her.