Truth or Woe?

Enid's POV

I wake up in my bed, still in the clothes i was in when I first arrived in school. All the memories of today start flooding through my mind.

I argued with my parents before leaving.
I caught up with all my friends.
Ajax pulled me aside for a chat.
Ajax broke up with me for a girl he's known for a month.
I cried in Wednesday's arms.
Wait... where's Wednesday?

I start to panic before noticing that there is a piece of folded paper taped to the edge of my desk. I peel it off and unfold it to find out that it was a note left from Wednesday.

"Enid,
I am writing this to let you know that I have not abandoned you... yet. Xavier guilttripped me into following him into town to get lunch with him though he claims to have already eaten lunch. It's very obvious that he is trying to woo me into being his forever lover although I have told him multiple times that I am not interested. Have I not been clear?
Anywho, if I have not returned already, on your desk you will find a pack of those 'Nerds Rainbows' that you've found yourself to be enjoying recently as well as a black cat stuffed animal that did not have to suffer your abuse after your break up with Ajax. I thought that it would make you feel better at least for a little while before reality starts to crush in on you again and you come to realise that we all indeed die alone.
Regards, W.A

PS: There is also most likely an obscene amount of dried drool on your clothes that you may want to change out of so I've put some sleepwear at the edge of your bed for you to change into."

I smile and set the note beside me before looking up on my desk to see the black cat plushie and the Nerds sitting perpendicularly on the desk. I take the plushie and hug it before tossing it on the bed and standing up to change into the clothes at the end of my bed.

I have no idea whether it's the crazy events that took place that happened last semester that caused Wednesday to become so caring. Whatever it is, I thank them. I had been so stressed for the past few months; With me wolfing out and with the committed relationship I was in as well as the purgatory I live in every day that one might call a home. Wednesday, however has made it all so easy. I became quite close with her over the break, especially when she came to visit San Francisco for a couple weeks with me, though she seemed quite off.

She seemed nicer. I've also noticed that she's been zoning out often which I find strange given that she used to always be so attentive. I guess the whole Crackstone situation really did change her. I know I've had my fair share of absolutely traumatised with Wednesday joining the school and taking on this now uncovered mystery, but sometimes I wonder who's looking out for her. Sure it's great that she's being less... antisocial if I must, but I fear that her recent acts of kindness go further than the "sorry I spaced out" that she regularly hides behind.

Although, maybe her change in behaviour isn't bad at all, now that I think about it. I've been getting the hint that she likes someone though I have no idea who it could be. I've already thought through as hard as I can. I started off with Xavier, however the amount of times that she has rejected him has grown so much in number that it's starting to become sad at this point. Maybe Tyler, they did have something going on before he ended up being the Hyde, though I doubt that Wednesday would spare much thought to a monster that looks like it was edited via CGI.

Maybe she doesn't even like guys! She often speaks about how she would never waste her time on a boy but never mentioned anything about girls. OMG IT'S PROBABLY BIANCA!! I mean they practically saved eachother's lives and the enemies to lovers arch would be insane! Although to be honest, I think that the two of them are too single-minded to work together as a couple.