I woe you so much that my heart stops beating when you're leaving

Lucas' POV:

"Take care."

I step out of one of my father's old porches and watch as it drives away. My assistant drove me here, mainly because of the fact that I know for a fact that the punch is spiked and that I will not be returning home sober. You're probably asking yourself "Which party is this?" and to answer your question, it's Esme's surprise party.

Bianca has been talking about the party non-stop this week. She always found a way to bring it into conversation, whether it was relevant, slightly relevant, not at all relevant. If it wasn't any of those, it was her conversation starters. So, I decided I would give her a warm surprise and magically show up. Aren't I the best not boyfriend ever?

I walk into the hall and immediately I want to walk back home. There are drunks all around the place, crying people, laughing people, dancing people. Usually, this would be my kind of party, but I'm only here for one person.

"Lucas?"

I turn around to see a drunken Enid with mascara running down her eyes and- wait does she have piercings!?

"Are you okay, Enid?"

"M'fine. You look... fresh."

She breaks off into childish laughter and then stumbles away to another direction. Well, this'll be fun.

I start pushing through the crowd of people to try and find Bianca when I find Bianca's friends, Divina and Yoko having a... dance competition? I try to move away from it when a drunken Wednesday starts flinging and flanging to the music herself right next to me. God, are all outcasts this messy?

No. They're not, Lucas. Stop being so freakphobic!

Hey, come on! I'm in the privacy of my own brain! It's not like it's hurting anyone.

It hurts pretty much everyone is this damn hall, Lucas!

Shut up, Lucas!

No, you shut up, Lucas!

No, you!

No, you!

"Luke?"

"NO, YOU!"

Bianca gives me a confused expression. Wait, I found her!

"Sorry, I was just arguing with myself earlier- nevermind..."

"What're you doin here?"

Her speaking is slightly sluggish. I knew I shouldn't have let her go to a party by herself when alcohol was just starting her right in the face.

"Just... wanted to see you."

"M'kay. You want a drink?"

No

"Yes."

I feel my legs automatically follow after her as she leads me to the drinks. I can't help but notice how she's not wearing a sealife colour for the first time. She wears a cream white dress and it just... I can't get enough of her, I swear.

I don't remember when I moved onto my third drink. All I can focus on is the perfect laughs that leaves Bianca's lips as she reacts to yet another joke I'm hardly aware of saying. Her hand hits my bicep and lingers there, and I feel I might actually cry if it leaves its position. Then I notice that she leans in closer to me to whisper something in my ear above all the loud music. Her breath sends shivers down my spine as she speaks

"You look really good tonight, you know that?"

———————

(cw: heterosexual spicy scene)