Woe's like a rocking chair

Wednesday's POV:

A lake.

Water lilies can be found floating on top of the water, which is peculiar since I was under the impression that it was winter and that Nevermore staff had cleared them away. It's also surprisingly warm. A dream, the atmosphere is too quiet for it to be real. There was also a bench. You could see written 'In loving memory of-' with the name carved out.

Step.

I quickly turn around to the forest behind this small clearing. Coffee grounds. Tyler is here. I watch as he steps out from behind the trees he was hiding behind. Or he could have spawned there. Dreams work in mysterious ways.

"Tyler."

"Wednesday Addams. You look even miserable than you did the first day we met."

I feel myself slightly blush at the comment.

"That's the look I was going for."

He walks towards me. We stare into eachothers eyes before he grabs me by the collar of my shirt and pulls me towards him. I close my eyes, enjoying the lack of care taken.

"Mmmmh, rougher..."

"Wednesday!"

I look back at him.

"I need you to listen to me very, very carefully."

His hair is slightly curlier than I remember it. I start playing with it instinctively.

"Your hair is fascinatingly soft-"

"I am coming to find you. I will chase after you, and I will kill you the way you should've been killed that night."

"There's no point. You've lost, Tyler."

...

"Marilyn is dead. All the work you're still putting in is for nothing."

"But that's just the very thing, Wednesday. I haven't done anything yet."

...

He lets go of my collar.

"The most that I've done is gut the driver who tried to lock me up. See, it may not look like it but I've already won, Wednesday. All I had to do is give you one lousy kiss to keep you stuck to me forever. Now, you can't wear your favourite going-out jacket, you can't step inside Crackstone's Crypt, you can't even go to the Weathervane for a quad on ice."

"They wouldn't have known how to fix the machine anyway. The coffees are lousy, tasteless and are not worth the $3.50 I used to pay for it."

"Are you saying all this because you don't want to go to the Weathervane or because you can't?"

"What does it matter to you? Are you not a figment of my imagination?"

"And am I not in your head, Wednesday?" He whispers.

...

"I know you can hear my voice every single waking moment of the day, Wednesday. I know that it's driving you mad..."

He tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear before finishing.

"...And most importantly... I know that you love it."

And that's the very thing that has been haunting me to this day. I have never felt such guilt that I did the night of the incident. Though I know that I don't want to fix what happened, I want to forget it. I secretly long for the moment when I had trapped Xavier behind bars, when I had apparently solved the mystery, and when I... kissed Tyler. I miss how oblivious I was to the truth. I guess ignorance really is bliss...