𝟎𝟎𝟑 | Baby Malfoy

          FINDING A CARRIAGE PROVED TO be much easier than boarding the train. For one, Ophelia didn't have to drag a trunk that was three times her weight around, since all the luggage was transported to the dormitories by Filch. 

She boarded a carriage, Colin followed suit. Two second years got onto the same carriage before it started moving. Ophelia's nose was still buried in her book, quietly reading and paying no mind to the two whispering second years in front of her.

She could catch snippets of their conversation.

"She's quite terrifying," whispered one of the girls.

"Imagine! A Malfoy in Gryffindor!" said the other.

"I heard she got into a fight with those Weasley twins on the train," continued the other.

"I think she's snobbish," the other one added. 

Ophelia pretended to ignore their conversation, but she knew it was only the start of what she'd be hearing the rest of the year.

She lifted her head up, glaring at the two whispering girls, who squealed and cowered beneath her hard stare.

"Excuse me," Colin began, addressing the two girls. "It's not polite to talk about someone when you know nothing about them."

The two girls nodded and turned around, whispering to themselves.

Ophelia was just staring at Colin Creevey, dumbfounded. Never had she ever had anyone even remotely defend her or stand up for her. 

She was rather confused. Was he doing all of this out of sheer goodwill, because he was a nice person? Or did he have some ulterior motive to befriend her, find out her secrets then expose her?

She found it hard to believe that someone could be that nice. Nobody was that nice, were they..?

The winds were picking up, rattling the carriage slightly to the side, and Ophelia gripped the sides with her fingers, rather anxious that the carriage would topple over. Leaning to the side, she could see Hogwarts coming closer, its many lighted windows shimmering in the distance.

She was nearly done with her book, and was deeply invested in the playscript when she saw a drop of water on the page. Wiping it off, she turned her eyes back to the text, when another drop fell on the page. Before she could act, she felt something cold and wet on her neck. Looking up, she noticed the dark clouds raging in the sky, faint drizzles falling from the sky.

"It's going to start raining," Colin spoke aloud. 

That very thought ran through her mind, and her first thought drifted to the fact that her hair would get ruined.